Using Spoiler Alerts!

I'm seeing people talking about their favorite TV shows all the time. Now, there's nothing wrong with this, but... There are people in other parts of the world who haven't seen it yet! Shows don't air 'round the world at the same time on the same day! Sometimes, it'll be a few days later after it's aired somewhere else. Know what I mean? Anyway, my advice to the people who want to talk about new episodes before everyone has seen it is to please use a spoiler alert. Let people know you are talking about a certain episode and warm them that your discussion could spoil the episode for them if they read it. Also, make sure the spoiler is well into your post so that it doesn't show up in the preview part when going through all the discussions of the day. Hopefully, you all understand what I mean. So far, nobody's spoiled anything for me, but I know that if I were in another part of the world that didn't get to see the episode yet, I'd be PISSED if someone spoiled it for me! So, this discussion is really in respect for those people. Thank you.
• Netherlands
I agree that it would be nice to know that the discussion is going to be a spoiler. We tend to get shows much later here and it can be sad to already know how it ends.... However I don't watch many shows so I don't get too disappointed.
@DJ9020 (1596)
I agree and I also must confess that I have done that. I did put in a line about don't read if you haven't seen the episode, but the title of the discussion kind of said it all! You make a good point, and that is something that I will be more aware of from now on.
@kgwat70 (13396)
I too do not like it when people spoil a show or movie by telling me all about it before I have had the chance of viewing it myself. I have been guilty of this sometimes but have stopped. It is better not to say anything until people have watched it themselves. This was a very good topic to start and thank you for posting this discussion. Hopefully it will be a good reminder to everyone.