If a fire broke out what would you do?

Many people say they would do this or that. I don't know what I would do in the moment. for all I know I might just turn on the kitchen faucet and stuff the sink. You have kids on all floor of the house. Your elderly parent is bedridden. Your only one person what do you do next. reasonable responses get +
@palina77 (1178)
When fire broke out everyone should shout loudly with word "Fire Fire help help" and then arrange huge water and wet carpet or heavy cotton clothes with water and throw these wet things on fire, if not control then escape and save your kids.
I can't stop laughing your so funny palina. I hope we never have a fire. I would be watering down so much clothing. I would also stop up the sink with clothes and run the water hard.
@Fishish (697)
u should try to extinguish it depending on what it has been caused because of. if it a big on ethen the only thing to be done is to see that all are safe. when a room is filled with smoke u should bend low and try to cover your mouth and nose with a wet cloth to keep out the toxins...
I see you know your stuff. Thanks for the help.
In case of fire I will hold the hose below..
I am glad for you thanks
@not4me (1713)
I've never had experience with fire in a house, but my best friend and I caught the carpet in one of our office rooms on fire one Christmas while lighting a fondue pot. I didn't know where the fire extinguisher was at first so I ran around the building shouting, "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!" I finally found it on a wall, ran back and put it out but it had already spread half-way around the room. Luckily only the carpet caught on fire! If what you mentioned happened I would yell for the kids and shuffle them out of the house first (our fire alarm is very loud and we have ADT linked to it so they would know if we had a fire) Next I would try to get back to the elderly parent and fireman's carry him/her out of the house but if that parent was too big I would just make sure the kids were safe and hope the firemen could get that parent out.
Oh I am so glad the carpet was stopped. This never happened to me. I was just watching a show and the woman is on the first floor. The child is on the second floor. She is trapped. basically it's my soap opera. one life to live.
@lsen06 (5000)
i will call a fire brigade as soon as possible.