religious beliefs, public or private

@RobinJ (2501)
My own personal belief is that my religious beliefs are my business, and yet there are a lot of people that can not seem to take a breath of air with out attributing that action to their religion.I wonder to what purpose they believe this will accomplish.as well in a lot of discussions they seen unable to give an answer unless it contains a religious reference. Has anyone read one of these type of answers and thought wow I believe,I believe.and are instantly converted on the spot.If any one cares to answer I would appreciate to hear their views
@misskatonic (3730)
I'm the same way. My beliefs are mine and they're a very personal and private thing. There's no need for me to bring them up unless it's a relevant discussion where we're talking about beliefs. And even then, there's no need for me to go into detail. I see no reason to foist my beliefs on anyone else, nor do I want to. People should come to religion in their own way, they shouldn't be led there by anyone else.
@RobinJ (2501)
Great answer. Thank you, You guys are saying every thing I for got to put in my original discussion, and all of it is relevant, and very appreciated
@villageanne (8579)
I am a Spiritual person but I do not try to convert others nor do I use only words that are ment to make people think that I am religious. I try to live my life so they will know what I believe and so I dont need to tell them. If they cant figure it out by my actions than I am doing something wrong. I dont believe that we need to brag on whether we are religious or not.
@RobinJ (2501)
You are so right thanks for the response, Robin
LOL, stop resisting Robin....come on...say it...I believe , I believe, I believe...now was that so difficult. There's not much you can do but scan over the response. I am more annoyed at the people who come knocking on my door promoting their religion. I have a religion of my own. If I am looking for God, I know where to find him.
@RobinJ (2501)
OK just for you I believe I believe. and you just have to say sorry I am not interested and close the door. but I an sure you have this down to a fine art. thanks for you lovely and convincing response Robin
@moonmagick (1458)
I personally feel that I am who I am, think what I think, and feel what I feel. It really shouldnt matter to the outsider why these things are true. Whether it be my religion or my circumstances that make it so. If anything I tend to get a little aggravated when I read the responses that are all about how religion deems it to be true, or even worse are the ones where they are attacking because it isnt the way their "god" thinks it should be. I have run across several of these, and just tend to roll my eyes and move on. I think everyone is entitled to his or her own beliefs and opinions. But I also feel that everyone has the right to not be forcefed the opinions and beliefs of others. And I sure hope that makes sense, LOL. I am sleepy and have a sick baby, so my head is not on as straight as it could be.
@RobinJ (2501)
Well said, and well done, I could not agree more. Thanks for your response and I do hope you get some sleep with your sick baby who I hope is much better tomorrow. Regards Robin
@wolfie34 (26881)
Religious references what are those? LOL seriously tho they just flow over my head. I am not at all religious and I would never throw atheism or my agnostic beliefs down people's necks likewise I don't want other people religious doctrines shoved down my neck. Live and live we all have our beliefs but they should be private.