Ok Parents! How Much Do You Spend On your Daughters Prom Dress????

@lpetges (3036)
yep here we go, I am a stylist, and i cannot believe the amount of money parents spend on their daughters for prom.....crazy. they get their hair done, nails, new dress,.new shoes, jewelry, and limos, what do they think they are getting married? lets not forget the price of the tickets, and the flower, and the pictures. then the expense of a "prom party" at the home of one of the parents afterwards.
I think the prom cost us about 400.00 last year. We found a dress on sale which was a good deal. That was last year. This year it looking like much more.
@lpetges (3036)
i just think its insane how carried away they get with all of these dances. they spend more on prom then they do on graduation!
@jbrowsin66 (1322)
Well it is a special time and one they will always remember, but I agree that more hoopla is put on it than need be. It's a good lesson for the kids as to how much one night of glitz really costs. They should be in school the next day in the career center, lol. Parents shouldn't spring for the whole wad without some assistance from the teen.
@lpetges (3036)
i agree with that! the teenagers should come up with at least some of the money!