public toilets..do you suffer finding a clean one?

@yanjiaren (9050)
My goodness..finding public clean toilets is not easy..the worst was when i was travelling in turkey..no offence to my turkish brethren..but i was so surprised..knowing the way muslims have to keep clean and wash regularly..why the public loos were in such a mess? full of crap, flies and stinking like anything...i never ever sit on a loo outside of one that i have cleaned..or a private house where i know the hygiene levels are up to par..anyone else have this problem? are you ashamed of your country's public loos? now be honest..lol
You know whats REALLY gross? Out houses! Over the last few years, my sister and me go to the christian music festival called "Spirit West Coast" http://www.spiritwestcoast.com Well sometimes we HAD to use outhouses THE WHOLE TIME! As in all day, all night for 3 days straight! In the one by Del Mar the only out houses were in the camp grounds, so only before bed or getting up, etc. Otherwise regular bathrooms. Now that is a NASTY thing to live with! Who cares if you do anything? They smell SO GROSS forever! Its just NOT fun at all! As far as clean toilets, well sometimes you gotta go and well its not pretty. As long as its just something to wipe off I am okay! If its yellow, I try not to go in but if I gotta, wipe and use a toilet seat cover. Its the ONLY way to go. AND WASH YOUR HANDS! Wash your hands for 30 seconds THIRTY SECONDS every time you use the bathroom, in hot water if possible!
@yanjiaren (9050)
oh dear lol
@shywolf (4520)
Honestly, I haven't come across that many public toilets that were really dirty or stinking. I'm not sure why. Maybe the women's restrooms around here just have better upkeep. Or maybe I'm just not that picky, lol! But I honestly can't remember ever going into one that had more than maybe a wet floor due to an overflowing toilet, or a toilet that was gross because someone had peed on the seat or something that the management hadnt' had time to notice and clean up yet.
@yanjiaren (9050)
wow we need to raise a public toilet awareness rally or something..hehehe
I don't use public loos. I may go in, have a look around, and leave. Too dirty, too stinky and too germy for me. I was always taught as a young kid, to never sit on the seat unless it was at home. I shouldn't have to carry disinfectant around with me just because I need the loo. I used to be a janitor, so I know how nasty the loos can be.
I find a lot of clean public toilets here in the philippines especially in malls. We always try to keep our toilets clean. haha coz many of us are very OC. The most icky toilet i've seen are those portable ones. Arggghhh.. I've only used that one time and i swear i'll never do it again. You can die right there when you smell the very very foul odor. haha
ya its a big problem in our country the public toilets r really in avery bad shpae n theirs nothing the govern ment is doing for it.SUmtimes its really very horrifying in using public toilets.Its really bad to see that the public property is in such bad condition but people r not woried baout tthat n they still dont maintain nay clean ness .
How clean are they - I can use the toilet in my gym
I can use the rest room in my gym. The cleaning lady is always there. She keeps the place sparkling. I also carry my clorox wipes with me daily. So a clean toilet is possible. I have had to wipe down walmarts toilets often. but, I still won't sit on it. I have learned along time ago it has to be cleaned from the inside out and around the floor. So no I don't sit on my friends toilets,public toilets. Only my gyum and my home. It is very sad when you would rather use the nearby tree than a persons rest room.
@friendship (2085)
Some public toilets are dirty and some of them are quite clean (You can even smell the soap and there is sofas where people can rest). I don't want to go to a dirty toilet. It is soooo disgusting!!
THE MOST WORST PUBILIC TOILETS IN THE WORLD IS IN INDIA Yes its true..as I am a Indian ..if you are out of your home its better for you not to go to any public toilets in the country..its not at all clean or worth going...so bad smelling and worse than anything...and more over in some places the road side is used for ****ting..so I am out of words to express the devasting state of India in regard of Public Toilets
@redfang (969)
i can tell you a little tale about my other half. while in spain she was caught desparate for the toilet so rushed into the nearest one and attended to business but when she had finished she found that there was no toilet paper so she had to come up with a quick solution, the solution was to use her underwear but of course she could not put it down the toilet as it would have blocked it and when she looked around for a bin there was none so she had to leave them at the back of the toilet. eeeeewwwwwwww
I am an Indian, living in Kolkata. Here in Kolkata, clean public toilets are dreams, that only ocassionally comes true. Infact it is hard to find a toilet on road. The men doesn't have much problem with it, they manage it anyway. But the women are the largest victims. Even if we find one toilet, it stinks hard. It looks like it was last time used 20 years back, when an epidemic like diahorria had broken in the city, and every city dweller had used the same toilet. Huh !! Seems like I am too much frustrated, right ? But that's not only the case with me, but with many more ladies in India's many places.
@beeatch (27)
• Netherlands
yes, it's not very easy, but not difficult to find. In my own home country actually, I do not want to go on public toilets at all, always look for the closest hotel or restaurant, I don't care if I need to order from the restaurant, as long as I can use their clean toilet ...
@myjack (132)
well,in the big cities,the public toilets are OK,but in some rural places,you can't stand them...generally speaking ,I'm not satisfactory of my country.
@djbtol (5498)
Ah, the universal desire of man: where is the toilet? Is it clean or so disgusting that I turn around and go home? Very basic issue that impacts us all. I am surprised restaraunts do not make it a high priority. Seems it would help their image, since the emplyoyees cooking the food are going in there. In the U.S., if you go into a very nice hotel, restaraunt or business the facilities will be pretty clean. Public places (like parks or ball fields) will not be so clean.
Ya you are right no public toilets are clean nowadays so we find many body ill i think their should be some or the other way to keep it clean.
@jsae29 (1122)
I also hate public toilets, because they smell so badly. This is the very reason why I had a urinary track infection before. Whenever I'm in the mall or simply outside the house, I tend to hold "it", I can't really stand the smell of the public toilets, I'd rather hold it and suffer for hours and wait to be home.
in my place it is impossible to find a clean public toilet..you'd be lucky to find a clean toilet here! out of all the gas stations i've visited to use the toilets, like only 10% of them are clean and well-looking! all others were dirty, dark, and looked like it was never cleaned for such a long time. lol.
@babyreyn (934)
Wahhhhhhh... That is one of the major problem I usually see in public places, even in public school. Lack of water, very dirty and oh gosh... you can't imagine! I prefer not to go to comfort room, I will wait for my time until I reach home rather than using it.
@raijin (10373)
I think it is because it's public, not everytime the people who maintains it would always have a time to clean it. I also think that people who uses it would give their fair share to also help them to keep it more easy to clean. I also have problems on some of the public toilets here, especially on malls, where most restrooms are always crowded. It sure looks like clean but the smell, it's one problem that I think mall owners are finding hard time on how to deal with it. And for the record, I never sit on the loos also. LoL
Oh boy, if there is such a thing as Public-Toiletophobia, I sure have it. I will not go to the bathroom in a public place unless my bladder is about to burst. Honestly, I think many of our public toilets are decently clean (aside from my school.. just knowing the other girls using them so personally makes me wary). But my theory is that NO ONE wants to clean a toilet, by choice anyway, so why trust a public toilet to be up to par on hygiene levels? I'm certain these people are rather slack when cleaning the toilets. What a truly disgusting job, by the way..
Hey public toilets never become as clean as our home. First people had to use the latrins in a clean manner. I think the worst toilets are in bus stands.Horrible....