New study says Britian and the US are the worst countries to bring up a child.

@rosie_123 (6118)
A recent study has concluded that the UK, and the US are the worst countries in the industrialised world in which to bring up a child. Here is a link to the story http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/02/14/children.survey.reut/index.html This is the list of countries taking part. 1. Netherlands 2. Sweden 3. Denmark 4. Finland 5. Spain 6. Switzerland 7. Norway 8. Italy 9. Ireland 10. Belgium 11. Germany 12 = Canada 12 = Greece 14. Poland 15. Czech Republic 16. France 17. Portugal 18. Austria 19. Hungary 20. U.S. 21 UK What are your views? Do you agree? And wny do you think this might be true?
@shambuca (2560)
i dunno- i think the US and UK are the best places to bring up a kid- so much to learn about like history (we both have lots of history). We also have diversity and freedoms! Although we do have a lot of crime but not everywhere in the US as I'm sure its the same in the UK.
@rosie_123 (6118)
Well yes of course that's true. We have lots of crime in the Innee Cities, but much less in the villages.
It is difficult to comment really as I don't know what they used to decide which kids were brought up well. I think that there is a lot of crime done by children in this country. I think parents should go on courses to learn how to bring up their kids better to help this.
@rosie_123 (6118)
I was reading about it in the newspaper today. I think they were mostly talkng about the fact that in this country, not many parents stay at home anymore, and the kids are left in too many "after school clubs" etc., and not enough time is spent with them in many cases. So the family units are often not as strong as in some other places.
I honestly doubt this survery means much at all. I'm not being arrogant but why do alot of these countrys move her if this is the issue? I would move my child to any of the top three places as i know that child killings are pretty common there. (especially holland) irelnad? well thats suprised me too. finlands a nice place, greece too. I don't agree. i live in a conuntry where other break there neck to move and dis respect and we do have problems but i honestly see this as being rubbish. The united kingdom and the united states of america are on the most popular places to move to. i'm confused here =) Kudos and thanks for sharing! ~Joey