Have you heard or known anyone who has a pet rock?

@LittleMel (14059)
Our neighbor's acquaintance told us that she was looking for a piece of rock for her son to pet. Have you known or heard anyone who has a rock as pet? How exactly is it "taken care of"?
@shambuca (2560)
OMG that brings back memories, I never had one but friends were always bringing them to school, they had names for them and they would put all their rocks together and let them "hang out" so to speak...LOL - not sure what kind of care they needed though.
@LittleMel (14059)
hahaha oh that's so cute. Groups of friend rocks! I will really get one now LOL
@shambuca (2560)
i don't know if they still sell them- they came in a box with artificial grass i think- everyone wanted one back in the 70's. Whoever came up with the idea made a bundle- you may be able find them on ebay.
@LittleMel (14059)
thanks for the info!
I did have a pet rock as a child, but perhaps this has taken on a new meaning now days. My pet rock, and you bought them like this, or you could make them, was a round, flat, and smooth rock, with little eyes glued in the appropriate places on the rock. They were the kind where you moved it, and the eyes jiggled. It had a mouth on it too, and it came with a piece of paper detailing all your duties to take care of your pet rock.
@LittleMel (14059)
oh really?? sounds cute..!
@adidas7878 (2013)
really pet rock is actual rock? man i always though it is a cereal that you eat, oops i bet that would be rough on my teeth. but hey i guess i learn something new today. maybe i will get one and name it "bob"
@LittleMel (14059)
bob the rock? you can come up with something better, can't you? nah you don't eat your pet!
@judyt00 (3504)
Pet rocks were the rage in notrth America in the late 60's through the 80's. You just take a smooth rock, paint it, or decorate it and carry it around in your pocket. All my friends and I had them when we were in High school. I even gave mine hair and a hat, and my best friend painted hers pink and made a little tutu for it. They aresort ofearly versions of that little computerised pet that kids used to carry everywhere that beeped all the time+
@LittleMel (14059)
LOL I thought she was joking. In my homeland, a pet is always an animal. But now you mention it, I'm gonna get one for me too. I think it's really creative!