Nigerian Scammer by a white American male

@naty1941 (2336)
A man posted a comment in my blog on 360.yahoo and then IM me indicating that he is very attracted to me. I googled his user name and it came back that he is a scammer under white male Nigerian scammer. The way this man writes and posts comments it appears he is madly in love with me, when actually he was trying to set me up. He is an American and states he is involved with UNICEF. I just confronted him in IM and he called me a liar. I then explained how he can find out the information and he never replied. Has anyone in mylot had this same experience? If so how did you handle it?
@kleo_23 (104)
i haven't had the same experience of someone claiming to be attracted to me. but i was scammed last month by someone whose claiming to have a son in negeria and he wants to purchase my celphone for his sons birthday. unfortunately, i wasn't paid. by the time i realized that the paypal emails sent to me was a scam, it was all over. i could hold the shipment because it was already delivered. it was really the terrible thing! until now i can't get over it no matter how i try. i lost so much cash with that transaction and alos brought money problems to me now. i wish i could just do something but its hopeless. others would advice me to report the fraud but its useless. only helps others to avoid scams but not those who were already scammed, do you agree?
@naty1941 (2336)
I believe you should call the police and report him, it is against the law and the police can track him down. If you don't report him he will continue to do the same thing to other people. He is a thief therefore he should be treated like a thief. I am sorry you lost so much money it is difficult but it is a lesson to be learned by all of us not to be so trusting of people. Thank you for sharing.
@kleo_23 (104)
how can i go about with my complain? i am here in the philippines and the i do not know exactly his location except for the name and address he gave me as to where i should deliver in nigeria. how will i even know the name he gave me was for real?
@naty1941 (2336)
Call your local Police Department and they should direct you to the proper authorities.
@jenalyn (675)
You know, I saw something on the Dr.Phil show about this exact same thing. This guy told this woman over the internet that he was in love with her and had her really believing he was coming to see her. She sent him like $2000 so he could fly to the U.S. and see her and they could be together. Before that she had been giving him money for things like his phone bill so they could talk to each other. This guy was good at conning because the woman was on the show and still convinced that he was for real even though it had been proven he was a fraud. He used a picture of a male model that was not his own photo, and the male model got on there and told her the name that goes with the photo. I felt sorry for that woman, she wanted so badly to believe that this relationship she had was real and she was terribly hirt when she finally believed she had been scammed. It was so horrible to see another person hurt like that. I know that it is a common thing, and I always warn everyone I know that it is out there and very real.
@naty1941 (2336)
That is really sad to believe on a relationship that doesn't exist. Thank you for your response maybe it will open the eyes of other naive women.
@manong05 (5029)
Although not exactly the same modus operandi, I've received several emails that I won a free lotto online worth several thousands of dollars and 1 was actually 1 million dollars. All I have to do is claim and they provide a link, how I can claim the prize money. I didn't bother because, how can I win without betting? And why are they persistent for me to claim the prize, what is it for them? My daughter one day after seeing the emails became so curious that she followed to links and yes, as expected, they were asking for a certain amount to be paid before the prize can be collected.
@naty1941 (2336)
I have received a bunch of emails like that and it is obvious that it is a scam. Thanks for responding.
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
Good work naty that you busted him. There are so many different scams every day floating around the internet. The biggest one I see every day are the fake emails claiming to be from banks trying to get your personal information. Real banks will NEVER send you an email asking you for any of your information. They are all just scammers. Way to go naty!
@naty1941 (2336)
I haven't heard of the fake emails asking for personal info but thanks I'll keep my eyes opened for them.
• Latvia
I don't have expierience like that, but I realy don't respec those people. I heard stories. And I just think those people waste their energy and other people energy.
@naty1941 (2336)
This man would eventually start asking for money to help the children in Nigeria.
@irisheyes (4373)
I haven't had that experience yet. Fortunately, most of the people on Mylot are honest and sincere but I certainly think there is an element of misrepresentation. When I first started I wondered why so many people looked like movie stars. Then I realized those were movie stars in the avatars. That's okay but a lot of the movie star avatars are standing in for 19 year old males which is a little disconcerting. It's even more unsettling when you read a response and know it comes from a certain type person and then you look up the profile and absolutely nothing fits. LOL
@naty1941 (2336)
I know you should see the profile on this man. He is a mature man in his 60's, big and fat and not my type. LOL Thank you for your comment.