Selling myspace accounts on ebay?

@indywahm (808)
I have heard it all. Now people are selling thier myspace accounts on ebay. They claim to have over 20,000 friends and say that then you would have an instant customer base. I guess people will sell and buy anything.
I have seen and heard of this, my daughter filled me in they go through the different sites to help you get tons of friends then sell the accounts to marketers, since if the person is your friend you aren't supposed to loose your account due to spam
@DocterDew (902)
That would be a very intresting thing to try. I am intrested in doing this and in fact I will probably start tommarow. I mean I would just join tons and tons of hoar trains, as well as go around from people to people requesting friends, join myspace forums and ask for a bunch of people to add me. Then I would wait a few weeks with posting a bunch of bullitons to get tons of views to my site then sell it on ebay for over a hundred bucks :-).
@fub21a (197)
People will buy/sell almost anything these days, I remember when I first looked at ebay I seen someone selling a bag of lint for $5 hahaha. I'm not sure if someone bought it though.
@hcromer (2712)
I've posted this topic before... I'm thinking about selling my MySpace account. I don't use it anymore and I've seen people get over $40.00 for their accounts. I don't see too much wrong with it, there are many ways to "buy" friends now a day, why not through Ebay?
@stibigirl (291)
I guess with the amount of work that it takes to get all that networking done, yeah I can see how that is possible. A few years ago when I was playing an online game called the Sims Online I saw that people who were having to give up their accounts were selling them on eBay, people who had items and friend accumliated were trying to get back some of what they spent to play the game. Now since myspace is free I can't see this really being fair except that people have to sit on there and find all the friends, but really with the way myspace is set up that would be really easy. Yes I agree, people will buy anything. Did you happen to notice what they were getting for their profiles, lol.
Things like this make ebay a worse place. I can't even imagine buying a my space acct. It's free to join. But it can offer you some leads. I only use myspace for marketing. I think people are getting out of hand. I will search ebay to see for myself.
@willocfc (965)
Wow, first Britney's hair now this :P The sad thing is that people will actually buy it, i have never heard of it happening but it doesn't surprise me, although just having 20 000 people on a friends lists doesn't really mean instant customers and im not sure myspace would allow it. its working along the same principles and spam, the people on the persons friends list didn't become their friend to be sold out to the highest bidder
@CRiley27 (984)
Good Lord. I agree people will buy anything. Look at the grilled cheese. LOL