Do You Keep A Diary Or Journal?

@Darkwing (21588)
If so, do you keep it written up daily, weekly, or how often? What sort of things do you record in your journal? I try to write my journal daily, and I record what type of day it is, how I feel when I get up, what my wishes are for that day, and whether I accomplish them. If I do accomplish them, I record how I did so. I record also special dates and special things that happen each day, what's happening in the natural world around me, and which people I've been in contact with. I also keep a record of the moon phases and the weather. So how do you manage your diary or journal?
I have never been diciplined enough to keep a journal. Maybe if more exciting things happened to me, I would be more likely to write them down. I just can't see having 100 pages of "Got up. Went to work. Came home. Watched TV and played on computer..." staying riviting for some future reader. :-)
@Darkwing (21588)
That's fair enough. I suppose living in a rural area, there's more going on, with the nature side of things and the mornings are so beautiful. I don't go to work, so each day is different, and I like to keep note of things that are happening. I love writing. I guess that's part of my culture, but I'm a dreamer as well, so I always find stuff to write in my journal. Each to his own, Properator. I was just interested in the sort of things people might write in their journals, but I understand that not everybody has the urge to do so. Thank you for your contribution and brightest blessings. Have a great day!!!
@xParanoiax (6999)
I keep a journal. I try to keep it updated daily..I'm kinda really attached to it, since it was all I had for awhile, back when I was just by myself and didn't know anybody. Um..what sorts of things do I keep in it? Well..just every-day thoughts, how I'm feeling that day..daily events, things I find funny, promises which are made to me and that I make to myself. Things I like -- and learn about, lyrics I write occasionally. I chatter on about things I really like..like webcomics, or the band I'm obsessed with. Secrets. I talk about plans, and hopes.. Just a motley of stuff..things that mean things to me.
@Darkwing (21588)
Good response, Para. It sounds as if your entries are similar to mine. Writing those things down in your journal is kind of like getting things off your chest, to a friend, isn't it? Thank you for your contribution and brightest blessings to you.
It IS like talking to a friend heh ^_^ since it's online sometimes I'll add things in TO the few friends who have access to it. But yeah..I guess they are alot like what you described in your discussion *points up* Blessings to ye too.
@Darkwing (21588)
Yes... you're not a Libran by any chance, are you? We seem quite alike in our journal-writing habits and thoughts. lol
@sunita64 (6473)
Yes I keep diary as well as journal, in diary I have written the dates to remember and in journal I write day to day events, sometimes day is good sometimes bad I write everything.My sister loves to read both of them when she visits me.
@Darkwing (21588)
That's what I call well-organised, and great that your sister likes to read both your journal and diary. Thank you for your response Sunita, and brightest blessings.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well Darkwing, I actually don't and never have done, I tried as a Kid and my Mum read it, she went mad at me, as of course it was saying how I felt and reading the Truth just did not suit her at the time, lol. Then when I was married I was considering it but decided against it. So I have never considered it since
@Darkwing (21588)
That's too bad of your Mum, Gabs. You should have had one of those with the little padlock on. lol. I expect, after that, you didn't think it would be worth the hassle to keep one, but not everybody has a journal, Gabs. Many people are not even keen to write. Thank you for your contribution. Brightest Blessings. x
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol I did have one with a Paddlock she broke it of.
@Darkwing (21588)
Tut! Tut! Naughty Mum!
@CatEyes (2449)
Yes I keep one, actualy more than one. I keep a dream journal becuase I have so many that come true, then I have a regular one for my every day life, then I have my Lyme and illness one to keep track of how I feel and then I have one for my sons preschool stuff. It really does not take that much time to log in information for me.
@Darkwing (21588)
I too keep a dream journal, CatEyes. I also keep a notebook beside my bed, so that I can make notes about my dreams immediately I wake up, making it easier to recall them properly. That's when I remember them at all, at least. I think a dream book is a lovely journal to keep. Do you analyse them as well? It's nice to keep one for your children too. Something to look back on when they're grown. I think several people indulge in journals about their kids. Sorry to hear about your illness, but that's a sensible thing to do, as you could forget, from day to day, what your main problems have been and how particular meds have helped your symptoms. Thank you very much for sharing this with us CatEyes. I appreciate your participation. Brightest Blessings.
Yes, Darkwing, I do keep a journal, but it is not exactly what you would call a journal. I spend the first hour or two of my day (VERY early morning) reading my Bible and talking with my Saviour God. I write down the lessons He teaches me every day; new things I learn about Him or about myself; a promise that applies to my situation, and how the passages I've read relate to me in my personal life. We call this journalling. As far as a diary goes, I use the calendar. I have wall calendars with large blank squares for each day. The one in the kitchen records all the family birthdays, activities, holidays etc and the one in my office records all the major details of the work I do. Of course, I also use a whiteboard and a written priority list each day. When we were on the farm I kept a record of daily rainfall, with monthly and yearly averages. I had records for over twenty years, but I haven't done this since retiring and moving to town. So, yes I keep a diary and a journal. I'd be lost without either of them.
@Darkwing (21588)
Your journal concerning your God, the Bible and the lessons you learn, together with promises etc, sounds a very calming thing to do. I have something similar, but of course, you realise that it would differ somewhat. I find that a very calming and satisfying practice, and of course, when situations arise regarding those writings at future dates, you have something to refer back to. Thank you for a very interesting contribution to this discussion, Cloud; for taking the time to share with us a personal part of your life. Brightest Blessings, my dear friend.