Is it just me or do you think it's really wise for people to post pictures

of their children on this site... I don't think I would want to do that. Anyone else have any input? Agree or disagree?
@hcromer (2712)
I don't think that there is anything wrong with it. It isn't like I'm giving away any real personal information, it's just an image. Not even to mention that I have only met one person on this site who is from the same area as me [and I didn't even give her any personal information].
Okay, thanks for sharing. Looks like I'm the minority here! ;)
I have a picture of my children and don't see anything wrong with it , nobody knows who I am and the people who know me know who I am anyway and so would know my children . To me , my children are my inspiration to do all that I do in life . And I can't see what harm could come to me putting up there picture .
I know there are some wonderful people on this site and it's fun to share pictures, but I guess I just wouldn't feel comfortable with my child's pic floating around the internet. Thanks for sharing your opinion --I just wanted to see how other people felt. Maybe I would be one of those super overprotective, smothering moms, lol.
@LittleMel (14055)
I somewhat agree with you because this is a website with thousands of visitors and members, anyone with bad intention could harm the poster and their families now that they know how they look like. I guess it will be different if it's adults, we know how to protect ourselves but children? I also join Yahoo Answers and people used to post their pictures there too then one day I read a few postings saying that they were stalked. I don't know if this is true or they are just making it up, but that's just how dangerous it can be.
Thanks for the comment, yes it's probably better to be safe.