I had 29 checks stolen and used in 2000. DA still not helped or done anything!

I was even arrested on one of the checks and after being arrested, having to post bail, get a lawyer it was thrown out as a forgery.(and I have 28 more still outstanding) The DA just told me the other day that the statue of limitations is up and cant do anything now. A year ago the officer in charge of case asked me what I wanted to happen to the person that wrote them. (Since when does it matter what I want?) I told him just to get my name cleared and whatever else goes on I don't care. I'm not into getting even just whatever the law says should be should be. As I said I want to get my name cleared up so I can have a bank/checking acount credit card, credit of any kind again. But how can I make the DA give me the affidavit of forgery I need? I lived in Fremont County Colorado at the time and am now in Pueblo. Any help or thoughts? Thank you
@tarachand (3895)
Well I have had my credit card stolen and misused, someone tried 82 times to withdraw cash and has made ourcahes worth over 13000 bucks, What does the credit card company do to help? zilch! They want me to payup the 13000 plus bucks and have not bothered to sen me a copy of the transaction slip inspite of repeated remiders, They have not even bothered to verify whether the sinature is mine on the trabnsaction slips or not
@ossie16d (11827)
This happened to our son as well, although his card wasn't stolen just the details and so someone used it fraudulently. As soon as we detected it, the matter was reported and his credit card was cancelled while the whole matter was sorted out. It did take some months and was not helped by the fact that he was overseas at the time, although not in the same country as where the fraudulent activity went on. The interesting fact we learnt was that we were later told by someone that the bank checked on us and our son, not the people who defrauded them. In the end the bank had to refund all the money and then our son got a new credit card issued. If I was you, then I would be seeking a good solicitor/lawyer to help sort the matter out because why should you have to pay for debts you did not run up. :)
@ossie16d (11827)
I think you should get a good Solicitor/Lawyer to help you on this one and as another member suggested try to get on a 'no win, no pay' basis as at least you won't be further out of pocket. It can be done but it does take time unfortunately, so good luck with it. :)
@britishyip (1614)
oh gosh!!!!! consult a legal advisor immediately..
@Spjutulf (238)
• Sweden
I fell sorry for you, maybe you could get an attorny of somekind, that offers "pay only if we win".
@marciascott (25554)
Oh Boy , your in big trouble do they had a free legal assistance there. check on it.