I USED TO THRASH THE BOYS AT MARBLES..but used to get beaten up for it!

@yanjiaren (9050)
when i was a kid..i was champion in my school for two years running..i had collected so many marbles..different shapes and sizes..the clear larger ones were my most prised possessions..i had to hit them twice to win them..but ofcourse the boys were not too pleased with that so they used to beat me up after school to get their marbles back..but i wouldn't relent.. what games were you good at?
@Marie2473 (8519)
• Sweden
Actully marbles was my thing as well. We had so many different competitions witht his and one time I actually lost my fave one and I cried. Found out later that the guy cheated when I looked away.. i was the one who almost beat him up *ha ha ha*
@yanjiaren (9050)
oh funny lol..
@maryannemax (12170)
• Sweden
wow! marie! you're such a fighter. and that's good! i, too like you have a favorite marble. it's a big one. and it's color is pink. i love pink.lol. and i still have it now and is inside my aquarium.
@greengal (4286)
Ouch..you got beaten up?! Those boys sure didn't know how to take defeat, did they? But it's lovely to know you wear good at marbles, not everybody can play a good game. ;)
@maryannemax (12170)
• Sweden
i remember the good old days back when my brother and i were still children. we love marbles, too and infact, we do have a collection of them up to now. we do play marbles with our friends, too. but we never got beaten up. luckily, we had nice friends who'll gladly surrender their marbles to us when they lost a game. and vice versa, we do surrender our marbles to them, too when we are the ones who lost. and sad to say boys needed to beat you up that time just to get their marbles back. they're so rude!
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
I also used to play marbles at school but wasn't very good at it, so luckily I never got beaten up:)
@bgerig (1259)
I was never competitive in marbles. I liked to play them, but never understood the game. Now, I think I just keep losing my marbles!
I was never very good at any physical games, including marbles. I can relate to your love for the marbles though, as I loved to look at the ones my grandmas had. I liked to run and play with boys and girls both, and I always was good at word games, and things like dominoes, and games you played on boards with marbles.
@shywolf (4520)
Wow, i don't know if I would have liked to keep winning if I knew that I was going to get beaten up, lol! My family owns a really nice collection of marbles, but they're my dad's (I think) and I never took them to school or played marbles at school. I can't think of any games that I was really good at in school, actually, since most games are physical and I'm not a very physically active sort of person, lol. But I enjoyed reading your marble story! ^_^