Mom convicted for "throwing a missile"

@BunGirl (2639)
Check out this news article: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/31940.html The gist of it is a mom of three was trying to drive her pregnant sister (who was having contractions) when some idiot started swerving in and out of traffic in front of her. She lost her cool and threw a McDonalds cup with ice in it at the offensive driver. Now she's got a felony conviction and is looking at two years in prison unless the judge lightens the sentence! Who is going to watch those three kids while she's in jail for such a silly offense and her husband is serving our country in Iraq??? I mean come on -- sentence her to take a defensive driving course and anger management and send her on her way! This woman is clearly not a danger to our society that needs to be taken off the streets!
Yes i think the punishment is a bit harsh, anger management for her and what about the other driver maybe that driver needs to be dealt with aswell.
@BunGirl (2639)
Unfortunately, he'll likely never be reprimanded for his bad behavior -- even though it was at least as dangerous if not more so than hers.
@kgwat70 (13396)
I feel that throwing anything at another driver while on the road is very dangerous and she should have been charged for doing that. She could have caused a serious accident and killed someone for doing that. Maybe the punishment was a bit harsh but she should have been charged and given probation or some kind of counseling instead. Anger management would be another good choice. She definitely needs to learn to control her anger.
@BunGirl (2639)
Oh, I'm not saying they should let her off entirely. But putting her in prison for two years seems a bit excessive to me. Clearly she lost her temper and did something stupid. I think we are all guilty of that from time to time. So yes, anger management and probation. Don't deprive those kids of their mother's presence. I really hope the judge changes the sentence.
@lucy02 (5017)
The punishment sure doesn't seem to fit the crime, does it? I'm with you. They should sentence her to some anger management courses and let her go if this is her first offense.
@sweetlady10 (3619)
Right, this is way more what she is getting as a punishment. And the other diriver is not at all in the scene who actually provoked her. I am not saying she should not get any punishment, but two year is way more. She should send to anger management and degensibe driving couse as you said.