This Darn Flu!

By Leca
@lecanis (16664)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I never remember how horrible the flu is until I get it! I know I've had it before, but today when I was throwing up every time I so much as took a sip of water, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, and my throat was raw, I realized it's much worse than I remember it being. A lot of people have the flu right now where I am. I went to the doctor today, and she was like "Let me guess your symptoms." She gave me Tamiflu for it, and said that should help, but she also told me to get my son treated even though he doesn't have it yet, since I have it. I'm so paranoid now, about giving it to the baby. So it's the middle of the night, I can't sleep because I hurt all over, and I'm going to have to miss work again tomorrow. Bye-bye vacation plans! I won't get to go anywhere this year because almost all my paid time off is used already with being sick, and it's only February. Anyone else suffering from the flu right now?
@happymommy3 (2013)
Oh my gosh, I so feel for you! Me and my whole family just got over having the flu a couple of weeks ago. It all started with me, than the hubby, my other 2 kids and my oldest daughter just got over it last week and missed almost all week of school. Hope you feel better soon!
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Thanks for your kind words! Right now my husband just went up to the hospital, finally. I don't know if he has the flu and I got it from him, but he claims what he has is something his coworkers had, and it's not the flu. Stupid man has been sick for days and is just finally going to the doc. Luckily for me the baby hasn't shown any symptoms yet! It must be hard being sick while your kids are sick too. My best wishes for your health in the rest of the season!
Well thank you and best wishes for you and your family as well. Hopefully the baby won't get sick, it is hard being sick while your kids are sick, but my husband really is a sport and helped me out quite a bit even when he was sick. Hopefully you're husband is okay and does'nt have anything to serious.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Aww it's so wonderful to hear about fathers who make such an effort. My husband also is very helpful with the baby. =) I'm waiting anxiously for him to either call or get home. Before we had Dusty, I would have gone to the hospital with him, but it's cold out and I really didn't want to deal with taking the baby in the cold.
I Feel Your Pain - Lecanis has the flu, is throwing up, lost vacation time, children not sick yet, went to doctor, had a shot
Lecanis, I can't believe you were up and on the computer! I was so sick I thought I was going to die. I had a fever and the poos and was totally dizzy every time I stood up. I was in bed or on couch for 3 days. I am just now trying to catch up on posting and am 4 days behind. I hope you are doing better by now. It's a shame about having to use all of your vacation time, that just sucks for you. Are your children okay? Feel better!~Donna
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Yeah, I can't believe I was up and on the computer either, but someone had to watch the little boy. =p I've been offline for a few days now myself, trying to conserve my energy for taking care of baby and work since I had to go back on Thursday. So I'm just now trying to catch up as well. I'm sorry to hear that you were ill as well! Hope you're feeling better! I still feel pretty nauseous and tired, but otherwise I'm okay. Better off that my husband, who wound up with pneumonia. The baby's doing awesome though. Of course he's been extra rambunctious, just so we have to chase him. Wow are nine-month-olds mobile!!!! I found myself grabbing the foot of his sleeper and just holding onto it at one point so he couldn't get away! =p
@emeraldisle (13145)
Oh I had it over the weekend and still feel it's effects. It doesn't help that this is one of my worst allergy seasons of the year. Thankfully though I didn't get the stomach one. It's upset but I'm not praying to the porcelien god at all. It's all head and my joints are killing me, even more then usual. It's miserable and I hate to think what the rest of the year will be like.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Same for me with the allergies. It is good that you didn't have the tummy troubles... I swear I'm so terrified about dehydration because I can't even keep water down. Hope you feel better soon... I'll be thinking about you!
I dont have the flu but Im having some flu-like symptoms. Also, it could be my asthma or fibromyalgia but I have the cold too. Anyway, what might help is gargling lukewarm water with some salt mixed to it every hour. Gargle it and it will help soothe and lubricate your throat. Lot of fluids - soup, juice, tea, water or even gatorade etc. Get well soon!
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Thanks for your response! I've been trying to drink lots of liquids, but I can't seem to keep anything down. Bleh. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well! You get well soon too!
@mari61960 (4895)
Well that stinks. I sorry you got the flu. Maybe it won't last long. I haven't had the flu, I don't think since I was about 10 years old. Boy was I sick, I couldn't barely open my Christmas presents. I had to lay down on the couch and my brothers and sister handed them to me. Then I would put them on my chest and open them. It took me forever, I was so weak. I do hope you feel better soon and don't pass it on.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Thanks for your response! Oh, how sad, to have had the flu at Christmastime! Thanks for sharing your story, and for the good wishes. =)
@coolcatzz (1587)
Oh your poor thing. I know how it feels. It can be just awful and you sometimes wonder if you'll ever recover. I have been fortunate that ever since I started getting the flu shot (it has been 10 years now) I have never had the flu. So the last time I had the flu was in 1997 and they had to take me to the hospital and put me on IV. That was awful. Anyways i hope you feel better soon.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Thanks for your reply! Lucky you that you can get flu shots! I got my son a flu shot this year, which might be why he didn't catch it from me. I can't get them though: I had a really bad reaction to one once. I'm happy to report I'm mostly better. Just a little tired and nauseous, but nowhere near as bad as I was early in the week! =)