Does anyone still play board, or card (non gambling variety) games.

unsafe waters - crocodile infested waters
@mipen2006 (5528)
Australia
I wonder how many of you play board, or card games. When I was young our family used to spend many a night, after the evening meal, sitting around the kitchen table playing a variety of board games. There were a host of board and card games on the market that kept the family amused for hours. Two of my favorites were Cludo and Sorry. Also one of my favorite card games was UNO. We all know Monopoly, but can anyone remember some of their favorites. Do any myLotters play these games now, or are we too preoccupied punching the keys that sit in front of our 17" monitor?
@polachicago (19143)
I would play it if I have someone to play with. I try to play it online sometimes with virtual players.
@mipen2006 (5528)
I've never tried that. Is it fun?
@polachicago (19143)
not the same, but fun....
@anonymili (3140)
When I visit India in November or December one of things I love doing is sitting on a bed with 3 of my relatives or friends and playing card games such as 29 or Trumps. We can spend hours just playing and chatting and laughing and I've often managed to play for 4 or 5 hours without even realising how much time has passed. I enjoy playing Monopoly once in a while and actually wish I could find people to play Scrabble, Cluedo or Snakes & Ladders with sometimes! I guess part of me is still just a big child!
@mipen2006 (5528)
When there's no money involved, or sometimes even a regulated amount for the winner, there is no better way to pass the time with family and friends. Keep it up.
@hh9905 (1275)
I still play board games with my family and friends once in a while. My all time favourites would definitely be Monopoly, Mad and Scrabbles. I love Mad as it is just the opposite of Monopoly. We are supposed to loose our money..!! That's why i'm good at it.. Anyway, despite all the gadgets that we have nowadays, nothing can beat the excitement of playing these with my siblings, cousins and friends. It's totally different and cannot be compared at all with playing PS2 or online games.
@mipen2006 (5528)
Great to hear. I've never heard of MAD, but from the way you describe it I have been playing it all my life, and winning. I've lost everything more than once.
@astroo13 (965)
My family used to play caroms. There were always fights which would bring the game to an premature end. Some of the coins disappear mysteriously from the board, even the red one. I used to play ludo, which I still play with my cousin and monopoly with my friends. Though the bank will loose almost all its money before the end of the game it was sure fun. Unfortunately I don't play monopoly anymore but I still get to fight on weekends with my brothers over caroms.Regards
@mipen2006 (5528)
Caroms, I've never heard of that. I'll look it up. Good to hear you still can have your fights though.
@maribel1218 (3085)
Count me in! I'm a millionaire's game fanatic. I remember saving portion of my daily allowance on my elementary years just to collect and buy a millionaire board , monopoly board, snake and ladders, the three piglets oh!!! I miss playing that game!. Most of the time my dad was the banker and my mom and I played but dad insist to be a player too I love millionaire's game as well as monopoly too. But since I focus my time on my studies during the late years of my elementary my board game are always on the box and until now it was safely kept there waiting for my son to play it.
@mipen2006 (5528)
You'll enjoying playing some games with your son. I certainly did, and I fond it was a good time to teach him not to cheat, as the temptation is there. Little boys don't like to lose.