Do you purchase books online?

@Astarte (813)
Italy
What's your preferred site? Do you usually choose it n base to the discounts and promotions?
@Willowlady (10666)
Definity I buy books online. Ebay and half.com is my main source of books. I trade books online also. Mostly though I pick up my books at library books sales and church rummage sales and then the flea markets. Online though is fine for when I want a particular book. I tend to read authors in order if I possible. As with anything I have a set idea of what I am willing to pay so until I find it at the price I want I will not buy it.
@hopefoo (1145)
I've bought books online before. I usually use Amazon.com to find the books that I want. Over here, book selections are rather limited..I guess it's because noone reads as much anymore, that's why bookstores do not order some of the not so famous books. I don't base it on discounts, since most of the books I buy online are the ones I need so price doesn't play an important role; but like all girls, I love getting a bargain! :)
@estherlou (5017)
I've used Amazon.com a lot, but my favorite place to go is half.com. Anyone can sell their used or new books there, and I find good bargains pretty often. It belongs to ebay, but you can list your books you want to sell without a fee until they sell. check it out http://half.com
I don't live near a bookstore so I buy almost all my books online. I use Amazon and half.com most of the time. Since I usually buy used books, I compare prices, add in the shipping and find the best deal.
@blanksolid (1632)
• Spain
No i dont usually buy books on the internet so i think that buying in the local shop is cheaper than buying them on the internet, have a nice day on mylot and happy earnings also.
I have never purchased a book online because when it comes to shopping it is very difficult to trust the internet sites except some reputed ones.
@trionyxx1 (139)
yup i've bought a couple -- they're books that i couldn't find in local bookstores and i really wanted them so i went ahead and placed the order. as for sites, i'd say barnes and noble for easy-to-find titles; for the lesser-known titles, usually the smaller sites will do
@Tisifone (639)
Sometimes I do. I buy them at the publishers' website or on amazon.com
yes i buy on amazon.co.uk the postage is a little high but when i buy second hand they work out cheaper than the shops here. even some new ones work out cheaper. I am not near a second hand book shop at home but that is where i would go i think if i wanted to buy books. as a previous poster said I love a new book though, the smell and feel of it but when it is read then it goes on the shelf and i find it difficult to pass them on.
I usually check around but I normally end up buying them at amazon.com and more frequently through their market place. I do occasionaly by them at walmart.com and on ebay even. There is a site that I'm going to be checking out the next time I buy - deepdiscount.com. They have free shipping and handling and I buy pretty much all our DVD's there. They've got great rates on their DVD's so I think I'm going to check out there book rates.
@maribea (2366)
well, I am definitely a book addicted..therefore one of my favourite moment in a day is lingering between shelves full of new books in my favourite book shop...this is one of the reasons why I don't like buying books online..I like choosing my book after seeing it, after having a close look at it, after "smelling" it...Oh how beautiful have a bit of time to have a look at the latest releases or at all the books I like or I could be interested...wandering between books in the bookshops I have discovered a lot of beautiful books I would have never bought..but I like keeping in contact with latest news..and I like going on IBS..Internet Book Shop and seeing what is new...I left my email there and I receive their newsletter too..it is a good site where you can find everything about books in Italian or other languages and where you can find dvd, or all the music you want...very cute!
@Miriel (1043)
• Norway
I have bought a few books on Amazon.
@yasir2010 (284)
• Pakistan
no
@abhax123 (1697)
Well i dont purchase books online....