Testing after a Fail Relationship

Would you feel it is nescessary to get tested for STD after you and you signicant other broke up? When my ex and I split she said it was for several reason and infidelity was not one of them but over the years I learned it maybe have been and I have had several partners since then and a cuple of bed buddies but always used protection. Last year I made a decision to change that but got to thinking what if the Ex did give me something and when I found the future Mrs Ex I would not be disease free. Since then went in and all the tests came back positive/negative in a good way whate ever they were testing for was not there. Do you think people should get tested after a relationship in which they did not use protection? Do you think that if infedelity is in a relationship people should get it done anyways? What your opinion on it?
@braided (698)
I have gotten tested after each of my long term relationships ... because you just never know ... I mean you want to believe the other was faithful. I was dating military men ..and despite the fact military men are checked regularly, they have a notorious reputation .... be that true or not true ... Yes why isnt it a good idea with all the craziness thats going on now a days ... i mean its really gotten worse hasnt it? ... theres the internet, people meet new people all the time ... people just have so many ways and choices of meeting new people ... and unless you have met the person you really think is the love of your life aren't you busy still looking ... even if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend ... doesnt everyone keep looking around until they find that one and in the meanwhile they are getting tempted by all thats out there? its a candy store these days ...
I think I never got tested right away casue I had been faithful and thought she would of been too casue the reasons she gave me for ending the marriage. Now that I know better should of done it no matter. You are so right about people alwasy looking but once you choose adn commit it should be look but do not touch.
I really think I would get tested for everything regardless if I were in a relationship or not..cheating or not..thats the problem now..people running around with dfferent things because they dont want to deal with the bad news
yues it is but it was something I never thought about was more concerned with getting soemthing from someone new not with the Ex. I agree peopel do not wanna deal with bad news but that is life.