Would you cope with going blind or def?

@SKLC_PT (1234)
Would you cope with going blind or def suddenly or gradually. I've heard of some deseases that can take away your sense of sight or hearing, like in Beethoven's case. How do you think you'd cope. And if it were the other way around, if you were def or blind all your life would you want to change it? I've heard some people go crazy as they can't cope listening all of a sudden.
@Jshean20 (14373)
I would think that after someone has grown so used to being able to see/hear, it would be devastating and very hard to deal with losing either of those senses. To be honest I think I'd rather be born with lack of those senses, atleast then you'd be used to it, rather than to suddenly lose it one day.
@Jshean20 (14373)
What I should've added is that it would be tough to wake up one day and have either or those senses disappear so suddenly..it would be different if it was gradual.
@SKLC_PT (1234)
I do agree with you, it's one thing when your born with it and another when it's gradual, but it's worse if it happens quickly say for example in an accident.
I know I wouldn't be able to cope with this very well at all . I don't handle things very well especially bad things . I couldn't bear the thought of never being able to see or hear my children ever again , for me I think that would be just too much too be able to handle . They say that God doesn't give us more then we can handle in life but as a rule I don't believe in this as I don't feel that if this was true then we would hear of other's taking their life because they couldn't bear the pain in their lives .
I'd have to cope. Isn't much else one could do and it's livable with help so I'm sure I could. It would be pretty hard and I'd hate every second of it, except being def. that would actually be welcomed by me on some days. ~Joey
@ajinomoto23 (1057)
Going deaf is not a problem when you are old. Going blind is much more difficult. I know a woman who became blind she is always left alone in the house. She fell from the stairs. It is sad. Many people suffer blindness. You need 20,000 for an operation. There are good doctors, surgeon for the eyes in the Philippines.