Stuborn Spouse

@sharon613 (2323)
United States
February 22, 2007 8:44am CST
Hi; I am in dire need of advice: My husband lives in la la land. He wants to do whatever it takes to convince the landlord that we should stay on and hoping he could raise up the money from different sources. Meantime I am continuing with my plans in moving foward to see to it that me and my three kids have some place else to be. My husband is insisting he keeps the family in tact and is arguing in front of my 4 year old. My Rabbi had told me I am 100% right and that I should keep doing what I'm doing in seeing to that we vacate the premises within the next two weeks. I just would like some feed back from the rest of Mylotters. Thanks.
2 people like this
4 responses
@sylvrrain (661)
• United States
22 Feb 07
I have a question.... Is the rent too high where you are now? Many times it cost more to move than to just pay what you owe. With the security deposits, effort of moving everything for a family of 5, and time it takes, it could end up costing more. I do agree that if the rent is too much, that you should look for something that cost less. You could save money in the long run. Keep looking for something else and continue what you are doing. If your husband does come up with the extra money, then start a savings plan so that you will have a cushion in case you are ever put into a financial bind again.
1 person likes this
@sharon613 (2323)
• United States
22 Feb 07
Thank you for your response: Here is the picture of what's been going on. Back in September we had to sell our condo under duress of facing forclosure, The new owner had us take a post occupancy. Unless we look to try and buy the place back which I don't see in the next two weeks, he wants us out so we are'nt in the way of the contractors who are in the middle of doing rennovation work.
@Munira (484)
• United States
22 Feb 07
I agree with your Rabbi. You have to make sure your childern have "a roof over their heads." Your husband will come around and realize that you are making the best decision possible in this situation.
1 person likes this
• United States
22 Feb 07
I think it's good that you're considering other options and looking for alternatives. I don't think there is any harm in doing that. I don't know if it's better for you to stay or go. Maybe you can talk to a financial consultant who can help you look at your budget, look at some pros and cons and figure out if it's better for you financially to stay or go. Maybe with some professional advice, your husband will be more open to look at some options.
1 person likes this
• United States
12 Mar 07
Keep us posted on what happens! I hope things end up fine!