Childhood activities

What childhood activity do you miss doing? Mine is to play in the mud with dump trucks! Yes I am female, and yes my Barbies played in the mud too. I remember sitting in the mud just squishing the mud between my toes caused so much excitement. Ah-h-h, back in the good old days!
@carlaabt (3508)
My little sister liked to play in the mud when she was little, too. I would get so mad at her for putting mud in my barbies' hair. :) Personally, I miss playing with my baby and barbie dolls all day. It was so much fun. And riding my bike with my best friend everywhere. Those were great times.
i grew up as an only child on a hill with seven boys and one other girl. So in the mud I learned to play :-D
by the way, thanks for your response! i was easier to live through a day back then, or was it? I remember thinking when I was younger, if I was older.... Mine finisher was usually along the lines of getting my way!
playing as dress maker with my friends where we cut papers all colors, use needle to sew it just like making dress, we even make patterns
I had a set of paper dolls growing up that I never could put down once I began. Are these the type clothes you made? Sounds fun.
I miss climbing trees and going on the monkey bars! My bones and muscles are way past their capability of hanging upside-down from tree limbs and monkey bars!
Ain't that a shame that as we get older, our bones become more fragile? I was a tree climber too
I had 3 brothers and no sisters, so needless to say I was a tomboy. I loved playing tackle football and tons of softball. I wish I could go back to the days were your worst fear was not being home in time for dinner...
I too was a tomboy. I also loved to play tackle football. I was always trying to hit the guys as hard as I could then act like I didn't realize how hard I hit them. You know they always would tackle the girls with care. lol
every night we used to play hide and seek together with my playmates in the neighborhood. we were about 7-10 kids playing every night and we hide as far as the 10th house but no one should enter the house to hide that's our rule.
Thanks for the response. Is playing hide-and-seek something that you would like to do again? Wouldn't it be fun now? I remember playing hide and seek with my daughters when they were younger. I loved those days.
@deebomb (15347)
I miss the family dinners at my grandparent's house. My grandfather was a ditchrider (distributed irragation water to farmers)and in the pasture behind the barn was stored these big round tiles. They were helter skelter but close enough to jump from one to another. We would play tag, chasing each other all over them most of the day. If it was winter and there was no water in the ditch we would go for long walks following the ditch and play cowboy's and indians or the Tarzan which ever was the latest movie that we saw. we would be at this all day.
Isn't it funny how much more time on our hands we seemed to have back then? I would love to have a responsibility-free day just one day a month, 12 times a year. But I know it's just too much to ask of a wife and mother. :-)
@deebomb (15347)
When my kids were in school and I was working I would get 2 weeks vacation time. I would take one week while they were in school and go spend the day with my favorite aunt. We would go the the zoo or just walk in the park. Then in the summer I would do those things with the kids too. I couldn't afford to take any trips. those were good times. Thanks for best response.
@wolfie34 (26881)
As a child my favourite toy was lego! I had hours and hours of fun playing with lego, building things, mum said it was the main toy I would play with, I loved my lego. I miss making things and using my imagination! You can still get lego and I still have all my lego from a child! I couldn't part with it. A 35 year old man playing with lego LOL! wouldn't live that down amongst my friends!
I never really went into the lego phase...I was still stuck in lincoln logs or tinker toys. :-) Thanks for your response
@maribea (2366)
i think there is still much of a child in me...I like walking into the gravel and making it sound beneath my feet...I like having my sweaters long sleeved so I can hide my hands into it...I like going on the swings and sometimes I still use them in the park because I am not very tall and I am thin!!!! but maybe the thing I miss the most about my childhood was the period I was about two or three years old..I used to stay with my grandparents in their shop...it was one of those shops where you can find a bit of everything..we lived in a little town and wverybody stopped there even only for having a talk or saying goodmorning..I was allowed to play with sweets and fell asleep on salt packages..and my grandfather brought me home asleep in the picnic basket!!!! it had been one of the happiest time I can ever remember
Taking a trip down Memory Lane always makes me smile, especially when my grandparents are remembered. Pop had a garden and a yard to tend to, so when younger, we would help him in the yard. Grandma enjoyed different needlework crafts and would get suckered to can the feggies and fruits when we brought them in. She would always fuss at pop for finding her more work to do. :-)
@Rexy_leigh (1189)
There are quite a few childhood activities I miss doing. I enjoyed my childhood a lot...I've been raised in the province and I had cool playmates...I miss getting wild under the run, like dancing, running around, and even playing in mud while it's raining hard...but not much when there's lightning...i was scared with that... I also miss climbing on my grandmom's fruit trees, stealing her fruits like guavas, avocados, and mangoes...she got to shout at the top of her lungs coz we were already up in her fruit trees and she's afraid we might fall. But gone are those days...I would surely look funny if I'd ever try those stuffs again... lol :)
Thanks for your response! I am in the same boat as you, as I know that it would be extremely funny to see an older woman standing in mud, squishing the mud through her toes! I also loved climbing trees. And I was guilty of raiding my neighbor's fruit trees. My favorite fruit tree was his peach tree, as no climbing was required!