Murder Suspects

@Sissygrl (10915)
A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis: The Wife said she was sleeping. The Cook was cooking breakfast. The Gardener was picking vegetables. The Maid was getting the mail. The Butler was cleaning the closet. The police instantly arrested the murdered. Who did it and how did they know?
@joluha (344)
The butler - why was he cleaning the closet?
@Sissygrl (10915)
Nope! good guess though. LOL cleaning out his closet. maybe he was coming OUT of the closet ;)
@racheld (840)
I'd say the maid for two reasons...one the mail never comes on Sunday and two, the mail near us never comes before 1:00 in the afternoon! Good riddle!
I may be going completely in the wrong direction, but was it the Maid? You say that the maid said she was getting the mail, but (in the UK, at least), there is no post delivered on a Sunday, so she must be lying. Obviously, I don't know if this is universal!
@inked4life (4227)
The maid...there is no mail delivered on Sundays