Conversion

@kritipen (4085)
Have you ever felt the need to convert to another religion? Or did you find interest in another religion and wanted to follow that religion. Why and why not?
@silverlou (372)
I went for many years searching for the answers to my life and that of the universe amongst the many relgions which are out there, none of them fitted me as an individual. So I follow my own faith which causes no harm.
I did. When I was a teenager I converted from Catholism to Bahai. At the time I was on a quest for something more than was being offered to me at the church. I converted back to Catholic about 3 years ago - although I still believe in the Bahai faith - I found I wanted to be back in my comfort zone.
Thank you for selecting mine as the best response. I think religion is a very touchy subject for so many people - yet I think that if we just let go and leave our comfort zone for a while - we can come to realize that all the religions have made a very important contribution to human history.
@Naseem00 (1998)
• Pakistan
Being a Muslim, I have never felt the need to convert to any other faith. I am completely satisfied with what I believe and see no need whatsoever to look into any other religion.
When I was a baby, I was baptized in the Philippine Independent Church. When I grew up, I was going to any religion. But then in 1989, I was converted into Christianity. I am now a Christian and I follow the Christian religion laid down in the Holy Bible. As a Christian, I am a servant of God and we are commanded to preach the Word. Preaching is the way God calls His children who are scattered all over the world. We do not force people to believe, but we keep on preaching in order that the children of God may hear and they come to the flock. If they turn to the flock, that is what is referred to as conversion. Preaching has been done since time immemorial so to say. In fact, Noe preached for 150 years for people to turn to God but they did not and so God sent the great flood to destroy His creation except Noe and his sons and all others that were in the ark. I don't see anything wrong with preaching and conversion into the Christian religion because we do not compel people to turn to God. God gives us wisdom and free will. We have the freedom to choose and so if people turn to God, well and good; if not, God is very sorry but He will not at all force them.
i would never change from being a Christian however i do like to study other faiths in order to find out what others believe !I am mainly interested in Islam due to 9/11 i felt a need to know what was the beliefs of people who could do such horrible acts in the name of thier God!