How many of you have read this book?

@cobradene (1171)
Have you read Autobiography of a Yogi by Sri Sri Parmahansa Yogananda? The first time when I read it, I felt as if I was being taken for a trip into another world which is totally different from the world that I've been living in so long. A world which is far from the daily travails we face, a world which doesn't concern about breaking our heads about scoring high grades in school, not running around looking for a job and getting disappointed not having been able to find one, and also being disillusioned over a broken heart, and above all, being disillusioned by life. This is one book which opens your mind and heart and above all your soul, and says, look...there is another world that exists which is far more different from the world which you have been thinking to be reality. But is this life that you are living right now reality for you? You start questioning yourself and for the first time you realise there is a new door which has been openened in front of you and the choice is yours. The choice of happiness you want to choose is yours. The difference is, the worldly happiness which you have been choosing is not permanent, but the happiness that autobiography asks you to choose seems to be ever growing and ever new. The book talks about the joy that we have been missing in our lives is there right within us, and yet like a lost calf looking for it's mother which is standing right behind and doesn't know to turn around and look at her. That has been the joy of reading this book. A whole new life, a whole new existence was opened in front of me and from that day there was no looking back. Friends please share your views and experiences on this book.
Hi! Ya I have read Autobiography of yogi...and the experience was enchanting.It was a blissful experience..Every word makes so much of sense and it hits you straight and makes you think, that what kind of life are you leading..? Though after reading this book I have read Sri Sri Paramhansa Yogananda's different volumes also..Even they are beautiful...And also would like to mention that after reading that book, got to know Mahaavatar Babaji..which is a gift in itself..
@cobradene (1171)
I didn't get to know only Mahavatar from this book,but I got to know my country. I realised the value of this ancient land where God has given me a life and how I was wasting it. Not everybody is fortunate to take birth in a land of seers and enlightened souls. Blessed is the land which beholds in it's bossom such divine souls and blessed are those who live around them. Finally, I got to know myself, I got to know my path. :)
• Hyderabad, India
Parmahansa Yogananda - Self Realization Fellowship: His awe-inspiring "Autobiography of a Yogi" is a must read for all those who are intrigued by eastern
I have read this book. It is a wonderful book i have read. Every chapter of the book is very interesting. I have got a belief that god exists after reading this book. There are many yogis who practiced kriya yoga and visited god.
@drannhh (15002)
I have read this book and did find it quite useful in my life. I believe the practice of Yoga even on an occasional basis contributes to better health and vitality.
@sampigadu (223)
yaaa! I read this book. And i took the initiation of kriya yoga also.