Should you return or not?

@kokopelli (4842)
what do you do with Ex's gifts and pictures? Return them? Keep? Burn? Tell me.
I don't believe it is right to destroy it at all. If this is something of meaning to another. just drop it in the mail with tracking. No need to write a note of anger. Just do what it right. When you were together it meant something to you. My first love still has all my photos and gifts. He told me his wife wants them gone. He told her not to touch them .He also won't return them. But at least there ok.
@kokopelli (4842)
hmmm... if you were in his wife's situation and your husband doesn't want to get rid of his ex's stuff, how would you feel? :)
Now don't get me wrong. This is her husband not mine so my feelings don't count. This woman has stopped this man from going to NY because she thinkd I still live there. She has no problem when he goes to Florida. She ever tells him to stay longer. They r filing for devorce. they have no kids together and I was out of his site for years, I have no harm for this woman. She has nothing to fear from me. I will have to be in her shoes to say what I would do. Now on the other hand My ex husband had 8x 10 of his mistress in a locked draw. I found them when cleaning. I put them back and told the woman when I saw her that she can have him. She lived in My neighboerhood. That is different. I don't live in the state my first love lives in.
@kokopelli (4842)
my Q is just a sequel. but don't we all want our gifts and photos kept and cherished? :)
@pontgtp (970)
I think it depends on how the relationship ended if they cheated or lied burn it, if it wasnt anything like that, then it should be returned
@kokopelli (4842)
thanx 4d reply.
I kept the gifts, burned the pictures.
@kokopelli (4842)
hehe, wise. tnx court!
Actually most old pictures I kept. The ones I burned were of a guy who cheated on me. Made me feel better!
@kokopelli (4842)
i'm sure you ripped them up before burning :)
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
well, it depends on how much you like something..If you like it ,keep it. If you were only keeping it because of your ex and not wanting to hurt the ex's feelings then get rid of it.Give it to the Goodwill or Salvation Army. And i would not throw out everything or all the pictures maybe give them to the ex or the ex's family.I hope this was helpful.And stranger things has happened but by the time you get rid of everything you'd make up and would have burned it all for nothing..
@kokopelli (4842)
right. tnx 4d reply.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
you are welcome.
@macubx (11422)
VooDoo them.. just kidding, Burn them to erase the memory of your past... then have a party!
@kokopelli (4842)
voodoo is good, party is better! :)
I have gotten rid of most everything from my exhusband. The only things I have are from our wedding. The only reason I kept this stuff is for our daughters' sake. I figured if they wanted any of the pictures, flowers (silk), cake topper, etc. they could have it. I still have the rings too and have thought about pawning them here recently (it has over 8 years since we split up.) I was going to keep them too, for the girls. I just don't think that they would want or need them though.
@kokopelli (4842)
you reminded me, i tried selling my ex wedding ring but no one would buy it, LOL. i didn't want to just throw it coz i know its worth, so i pawned it just to get rid of it with returns :) and yes, some of the pictures (not of the wedding) i kept for my son's sake.
@ArsonCuff (3121)
depends what the gifts are...my ex kept the $500 digital camera and the wedding ring...and actually she kept it all...not that I wanted it back truly, I beleive a gift is a gift and I loved her and wanted her to have those things, but she could have offered so as not to look so materialistic
@kokopelli (4842)
she knows the value, er, she values them, maybe that's why she just kept them :) tnx 4d reply.
I still got the gifts I got from my ex boyfriend. He did spend few hundred dollars for the rings I got so I decided to keep it. I still got the pictures too because it got my friends in it. I dont really care for it so I probably get rid of it if I need more space for something else.
@kokopelli (4842)
tnx 4d reply.
@anandjd (411)
i keep them safe... it brings good memories..
@kokopelli (4842)
tnx 4d reply.
Return it all, just put it in a box and drop it off.
@kokopelli (4842)
thanx 4d reply.
@maddog108 (3441)
why burn your memories if you dont want them give them back
@kokopelli (4842)
thanx 4d reply.
depending on how you guys end it. if he cheats on me, i will probably destroy everything to bits, then send it back to him. if we end it in good term, i will return everything to him in a nice way of course :)
@kokopelli (4842)
that's a good one.
@juicemilk (2286)
I think if it was given as a gift then it should be treated as a gift, and kept. If there's an engagement ring involved however, then that shuld be given back, as it is given with the promise to marry
@kokopelli (4842)
hmm, i think that would depend on who broke the engagement.
@7nicole1 (1634)
give them back... why would you want the reminder of how you wasted your time....
@kokopelli (4842)
how about if there were good memories?
@shrys03 (1016)
i keep it, even the pictures of him..
@kokopelli (4842)
really? why?
@ladylety (344)
break up - break up
Return them
@kokopelli (4842)
why?
@locolady (374)
that depends - burn them ,pawn them ,givem away to friends
@kokopelli (4842)
lucky friends if that's the case, hehe.
@sbeauty (5870)
I've been divorced over 30 years, and I still have pictures and things from my ex. They don't play a prominent role in my life. In fact, they're packed away. But they are associated with a part of my life.
@kokopelli (4842)
does it mean you still can't let go of the memories?
@bubba04 (432)
i would return them or burn them
@kokopelli (4842)
not keep anything at all?
I personally have always thrown away/burned old pictures/letters of my ex's. I used to hold onto them when I was younger, but it brought back too many bad memories to look back on them. All of my long-term relationships ended badly, so I got rid of them.
@kokopelli (4842)
i think it's better that way. there's no sense in keeping things that just bring back bad memories and bad feelings. tnx :)