Day Trips - Have a Break

@kathy77 (7488)
Australia
Day trips make a great holiday for less, you do not need to stay overnight in a hotel to have a holiday! Our family of 5 children found the least expensive way to travel with such a large group is to take day trips within a few hours' drive from home. That way, you save on the cost of overnight lodging. A little research between friends and co-workers about close-to-home entertainment (e.g. a couple of hours' drive away) can uncover some great ideas, such as horse riding. Many horse owners give lessons but do not advertise; they use word of mouth to get their business. A day of horse riding lessons for a group of children who take a picnic lunch packed at home will cost much less than just one overnight stay in any hotel or inn. We all deserve a to have break so enjoy your quality of life
@byfaithonly (10716)
We used to do this all the time, in the summer we sometimes did it every weekend. I think I mentioned it in another discussion but we packed picnic lunches and the kids would pick a spot on the map and we would head in that direction but just stop were ever we felt like. We had some great times and always took back roads. We called them "road trips".
@gabs8513 (48764)
Well I have to agree with you there, I went to see my Friend today for the Afternoon and it was nice to get out again. I enjoyed the Afternoon and it was something different.
@Fishish (698)
yes i agree and u enjoy watching the scenery during the day.u enjoy the journey more in daylight. at might driving can be a problem and then even stopping on the way is not safe enough and convenient. and u dont haev to bother abou the safety of your house...to many advantages
@weemam (13389)
We live in central Scotland and here are so many attractions here , we never visited them much either until friends came to visit from England and they enjoyed it so much ,, I would love to go horse riding , ( I will someday I have promised myself) xx
yes and also it is amazing how many of us live so close to even tourist attractions in our area or even in our home towns and just take them for granted and never visit them ,we could have a realy sheap day out with our families and learn something about where we live also!