any advice for someone that is ALWAYS exhausted?

@cher913 (25890)
I am so tired all the time...the dr doesn't know what to do with me :-( any ideas?
@Stringbean (1273)
Usually, when no physical reason can be found for exhaustion, the person is suffering from depression. Have you talked to your doctor about that possibilty. It sounds silly and we think, "What does depression have to do with tiredness?" but you would be surprised at how many people find out that depression is at the bottom of their fatigue. Good luck.
@cher913 (25890)
No, its not depression...i found out i have chronic fatigue syndrome...and tiredness pretty much comes from my lousy nights sleep :-( i am normally fairly happy, just tired
@cher913 (25890)
@Phlamingho (7831)
• Denmark
Get a healthier life style. That ought to give you more energy.
@cher913 (25890)
Ya, not always that easy lol but thanx
@nicolec (2673)
I feel for ya, really do. Do you get enough sleep at night? That could be a big thing. They are now saying you should get at least 9 hours of sleep. I know, that's very hard to do sometimes these days. And you need constant sleep. Do you sleep well at night? I had a girlfriend who was the same way. the doctor put her on a special diet that eliminated all diary and sugar products. I'm not exactly sure why the diary but I think the sugar was giving her that quick crash feeling. This involved natural sugars like fruit. Not only did she lose 18 pounds (a wonderful side effect) but she feels much better. It's a hard diet to follow and she was very good about it. Do you have a lot of sugars in your diet? Sugars will give you a little bit of a rush, but the crash is even deeper. If you know what I mean. I would also try exercise more. I know it's really hard to get motivated when you are tired, but even going for a little walk is good to give you that energy boost. Seriously, talk to your doctor about your diet and sleeping patterns.
cher913, there could be so many reasons for the exhaustion, it's really difficult to say what you could do. The part I always don't like is when the Dr. can't find a reason. If someone is always tired, how do you tell them to exercise? Yet exercise is one of the biggest picker uppers. Ask your Dr. about vitamin b12, it will help to increase your energy and also look into your diet to make sure it does not have too many energy zappers like sugar. Good luck my friend and hopefully you feel better soon.
@mimatexas (1835)
That is one of the symptoms of depression. You need to find something to do with your life. Do you work? Be active and do some kind of exercise. Try walking every day, it helps you relieve all the stress out and move your muscles. Be in contact with the fresh air and nature.