Donovan Series

@emeraldisle (13158)
Has anyone here read the Donovan Series by Nora Roberts? The books in the series are: Captivated Entranced Charmed Enchanted The series deals with cousins who are also witches. It deals with how they have to explain to outsiders about their lives while dealing with normal every day issues that come up with any romances. So any one else read this?
@horsesrule (1962)
I have read nearly everything that Nora Roberts has ever written. I really enjoyed the Donovan family series. That whole witch thing and how they help others with their gifts is cool. I think that the Three Sisters Island Trilogy may have been even better than the Donovan books but, hey, that's me! There's also her new sorcerer, witch, vampire, vampire hunter, and shapeshifter trilogy. That's not what it's called, that's what the people are in the series, it's the Circle Trilogy. It's got some good parts to it but some of it is a little slow. I almost feel disloyal saying that but it wasn't Nora Roberts at her best. But I am glad that I read it just because some of the characters were fascinating.
@emeraldisle (13158)
A friend of mine off mylot mentioned that series to me. Looks like I'm going to have to try and get a hold of it. I'm going to keep my eye out that's for sure.
@brokentia (10396)
I have read all four of them! :) I loved them! although getting my hands on the last books was a bit difficult...I did get it and I loved the series! If you liked this series...if you haven't already read it...the Key Series is really good also. :) Key of Light Key of Knowledge Key of Valor They were very good also! :)
@emeraldisle (13158)
OH goodie :) More books to read. I like things like that. I really enjoyed the Donovan series, I was kind of hoping to find more from it but seems she only did the 4.
@badkat83 (1621)
i cannot remember if i have read this series. i know i read a witch series from her. my mom just finished reading one of her series. she is a good writer. did you know that they had some of her books in movies on tv. i think it was the lifetime channel, i don't remember, they had danielle steele and nora robert movies. i need to start reading again. i have been reading my sons book report books so i can help him. i need a little romance. : )
@emeraldisle (13158)
Hehe I do that with my neice's books as well. Some of them have been very good but I agree they aren't romance novels. I think we all need a bit of romance now and then in our lives. I'd heard some of hers were being put into movies but I'm not sure which ones. i really should check into it.
Lifetime just showed 4 movies made from her books. I only watched the first one...can't believe I forgot about the others. They were on Monday nights for four weeks. However, my cousin told me she recorded them for all of us Nora Roberts fans to watch. I'll get to see them after my sister finishes watching them.
No, I haven't read the Donovan series yet Did you enjoy the series? I might have to look for it? Its an older series, correct?
@emeraldisle (13158)
I loved it and have re-read it a few times :) It is an older series but I'm not sure on the dates of them. Good luck in finding them.
I have this series. I must have bought it after the last book was released because I have all 3 books in one. But I've had it for a few years....it may be time for a reread ;) I love most of Nora's books. I really do like her trilogies though.
@emeraldisle (13158)
I'm re-reading the series again myself. I have the first three books in one as well. It was at the time the only way I could get the first book. I had the second and third in indivuals but couldn't find the first. Finally found the set and bought it. The fourth of course I have seperate as well.
Emerald, If you think about it will you message me with this. It is almost 2:30 in the morning and I'm really falling asleep on the keyboard. I would love to check out Amazon to see if they have any of them used. You make it sound pretty interesting ~Donna
@emeraldisle (13158)
I'll do my best to :)
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
I have read some of Nora Roberts books but not these. But from the sound of them I am missing a good thing. I would love to be able to read them. I love watching Charmed and hate that they are no longer making it. So I am sure I would enjoy these books alot. Thanks for the names I will have to keep my eyes peeled for them and hope I come acroos some of them I better check ebay.. cause now you have my interest peaked and now I won't have any rest till I get to read them. My mom loves reading to and I am sure she would enjoy them also. A BIG Thanks to you.
@emeraldisle (13158)
You're very welcome. If you liked Charmed you'd like this series. She does a great job on the characters and storylines. They don't do the whole good vs. evil bit but more dealing with the "How do I deal with being a witch in a mortal world" type thing. It's quite good and some parts can be very funny.
@APMorison (424)
Love Nora R and I really like the Donovan Series. Her Three Sisters and Fates series are also wonderfully full of myth and magic.
@emeraldisle (13158)
I'm really going to have to check into that series :)
@imsilver (1669)
Well I haven't yet but now that you brought it too my attention I'm definatly going to keep my eyes open for those books. I'm not a big Nora Roberts fan because I'm not to much into romance books but one of my favorite series is her "Three Sister Island Trilogy". Mostly because it's about witches. I hadn't even realized that she had another series on the same thing. I'm definatly going to read them as soon as I can. :) Thank you for telling me about them.
@emeraldisle (13158)
You're welcome :) Thank you for letting me know about that other one. I didn't know about that. I'm going to have to check into it. I enjoyed the other and I know I've read other books by her and liked them so will have to check into the Three Sister Island. Sounds interesting.
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I haven't read these, but it sounds really interesting. I'll have to see if the local secondhand bookstore has some in a few days when the weather clears up enough to go out. =) I think I've read a book by Nora Roberts before, but I can't think of the name. It was short stories or novellas, all involving romance and magic. Grr... now it's going to bug me that I can't think of the title.
I think it was Lifetime channel that was running Nora Roberts movies recently. She's become quite famous as a writer and they've remade many of her books now into film! I haven't read her in a long time. I seem to have ventured away from "romance" of that style. Although I can't say she isn't a wonderful author!