Do you think learning is more challenging if you are faced with Questions?

Most test papers in school are questions and answers. Rarely a teacher will put it - discuss, or write an essay. The children are trained to think in terms of one answer or two. Their skills in reasoning is not much developed.
I always had a problem with that type of comprehension question because I HAD reasoning skills which the teachers wouldn't let me use. They wanted ONE answer. When I got the "wrong" answer, they did not allow me to explain it.
me too! i remember arguing with a teacher in the second grade because, although a dump truck could hold more stuff, a pick up truck could be piled infinitely high.
@mipen2006 (5528)
Multiple choice questions are much easier than a question where a students has to think about the answer without having it in front of them. I agree their reasoning skills are not challenged.
@gharinder (2044)
i had been a teacher in school for one year, and these days the only thing the school management and parents want is that all the kids should score high and that could be pretty well done by spoon feeding them, a planning a lot easier question paper, you wont believe a single question can really put you in real trouble, parents want their kids should get high marks which is only possible with easy questions and school management also only want good results, otherwise if more students fail they think the teacher is not capable enough, they will not look how reasoning is also important, i have really suffered due to this, so i have learnt a lesson, just be lineant enough to secure your job
@prestocaro (1254)
yes, i think an open dialoge makes children learn more. when i was in high school, all the advanced classes i took were very much centered around the "Socratic" method of teaching, involving both students and teachers asking each other questions. it makes your mind work faster!! great question, btw