Pizza Casserole - OAMC For Even Picky Kids

Once a month cooking is frugal and convient. When I was working up to 60 hours a week outside the home, I had to do all my cooking on my day off which was on tuesday. I did alot of Once a month cooking (OAMC)One of the things that I made often was The basic Pizza Casserole. It is something that even picky eating kids will eat. In fact, they love it. It is very easy to make and freezes well. I've also found that letting a toddler that is a picky eater 'help' prepare the meal makes them feel like a big kid, they helped make dinner and thus they are more likely to enjoy their food. Here is the recipe. The basic Pizza Casserole INGREDIENTS 8 oz of pasta (any fun shape) 32 oz jar of pizza sauce (or use your own homeade) any toppings you like on pizza EX: pkg of pepperoni, chopped ham, black olives, ground beef, ground sausage (drain all grease) pkg of chopped bacon or onions The possibilities are endless as the types of pizzas... 1pkg (2cups) of Mozzarella cheese DIRECTIONS Cook and drain pasta. Add prepared meat/veggie toppings (these prep ahead and freeze for quick throw together) Add pizza sauce Put in casserole dish Add Mozzarella cheese on top COOK In microwave on HIGH for 2-3 mins or put in conventional oven on 350 until bubbly.
@sweetlady10 (3619)
Ohhh I would surely love this. I have some ingridients at home, what I don't have I am going to buy when going for grocery shopping next time. My hubby also sometime a big kid when it comes to eating:). So, I guess he will like this.
@Debs_place (10525)
Made this tonight for dinner - wheat pasta, turkey pepperoni, lf cheese, losts of veggies. It was great, very satisfying. Thanks
Thanks for letting us know that you made it and how you liked it. Did you like it well enough to be making it again?
@resasour (378)
Wow! ok, this sounds interesting. I don't have small kids anymore, but I think I would try it just to see how it tastes.lol I think I will pass the recipe on to my daughter for her to try with her daughter. Besides, my daughter wants the everythings easy dinner..and casseroles are her favorite kind of dishes :) Thanks for the recipe!
It is really very good and kids love them
@gewcew23 (8011)
pizza casserole - This sounds sooo good. And so quick to make.
Oh thanks I am always looking for this type of recipes. Sometimes our lives are soo hectic that if I had something in the freezer that I could just pull it out and nuke it.
@Debs_place (10525)
This is great, you can use low fat cheese and pepperoni, use whole wheat pasta and it can be a health food. I think this could be a keeper. Do you have a recipe for pizza sauce?
@brendalee (6083)
This sounds pretty good. Its a nice way to liven up pasta. We get tired of it sometimes and I think this will be a nice change. Thank you for another great recipe.
I don't have any children, but I cook for myself and sometimes will cook for my parents at their home, so this will be a fun one.