how many books...

Italy
...you read a year? and what kind of books do you prefer? i personally love poetry collections, thrillers and comic books and I try to read at least book each month. Do you think books are too expensive? I think so, I love collecting books so I always try to buy them but som new arrivals are really too expensive. Do you share my idea? I hope to read Your opinion!
@nowment (1758)
I read as much as I can, but I go in spurts where I will read 2 to 4 a day, to 2 to 4 a week, to 2 to 4 a month. It varies with what is going on in my life at the time. Also I have other intersts such as spending time online, knitting etc, so this can affect how often and how much read, but I find that I usually do not go to long with out reading. I agree that new books are expensive, that a paperback release is now up to 7 dollars is to me outragous, I remember how upset people had gotten when the price jumped from 3.95 to 4.95 I was managing a book store at the time, and now the prices are so high. Part of the reason for the high price of books, is due to the fact that a number of the books will be read by people either going to the library, or going to a used book store or bookstore trader, so the cost of that loss of revenue is incorporated into the intitial price of the books. When that is taken into account it is then understandable as to why the price is so hard, if the prices of books were lower would people buy more new books? I personally would. Yet I do like getting a book at a low "bargain" price, and I am ok with reading a book that has been used ... excuse me previously read. There those who prefer to only read new books, who buy less books because the cost is so high, it is unfortunate because perhaps if the prices of books were lower, then the authors would make their money from the actual book sales, also the number of readers per book is much higher than the statistics show due the number of people reading used books. There are some books that are best sellers, and even sell more than the books on the best seller list, but never make the best seller list simply because people have bought the books used, and so the number of people who actually bought the book did not track.
@desiret (2124)
i really love to read, but i do not have enough time. i try to read during lunch time in the office. generally i read 2 or 3 books per month! my favourite books are thriller and fantasy!
thank you for your answer!
I don't know how many books I read per month, but in the last year, I've read probably 30+ books. Once I latch onto a writer or a genre, I go nuts with reading them. For example, I began reading Laurel K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series. There are probably 10 books (give or take) and once I started reading them, I couldn't put them down. In fact, I read seven of her books in less than 10 days. I also began reading Kim Harrison's series and I read all four of them in less than 3 weeks. I love reading and I will read anything from a good murder mystery to things on the paranormal to romance novels to gothic tales. In fact, I'm looking for something new to read now.
well you're great! if i can, i suggest you to read hornby, i thinks his books are really good!
My goal is to read two books per month. I am a pretty quick reader, so that isn't really a problem. The problem is lately making the time to read more. So far this year, I am down by two. I read a variety of books, from inspirational to historical. My favorite genre is historical romance...the ones that include actual events and characters within the story. I also collect books, new and old. I love browsing used book stores to see what I can find. We have a great one here, and I was once able to find a Roget's 1946 Thesaurus.
wow very interesting, my sister read historical books and she likes them very much
@irisheyes (4373)
I read way too many books per year to count them. When i have time to count them, I will know that I am not reading enough. Books can usually be picked up for a song at house sales and thrift shops and they are frequently new releases since many people discard books as soon as they are read. Can't imagine why they do that but they do.
I will usually read any where form 4 to 5 books a month or more just depending on how many I can get my hands on.