Preparing yourself for delivery How did you do it?

What were your plans before going to the hospital. I prepared weeks before this day. Suite case was filled,baby outfit was picked. How about you?
@jmcafam (2891)
With my first child I was all packed within two weeks of the due date. My second was a month early and I didn't even know I was in labor. I just happened to have a Dr appointment that day and the Doc said are you feeling them? That's when he said go to the hospital now you are 5 cent. So, I was not at all ready for my second. My third I was ready a month in advance.
Oh boy yur lucky you had the appointment. I was in labor over night killing myself. I thought it was those braxton hicks. I will never forget the pain.
@jmcafam (2891)
With my first the hubby called the Doc in the middle of the night and they said to just take Tylenol and call back in the morning. Well, there was no way that it was going to help.We rushed to the hospital, which was 30 min away. When I got there the Doc said sorry I told you to stay home you are 10 cent and ready to push. I was so mad. If I had not insisted on going I would have had my baby at home.
I know your lucky now. I almost had my daughter in the toilet. LOL I thought I had to xyz. But I was 6 1/2 cent dilated when I reached. The pain was horrible.
@Blazing15 (333)
I was prepared both times with bags packed and carseat ready and outfits. With my first I was so anxious to have her that I had went to the doctor a couple of times with contractions but nothing was progressing. With the second one my water broke and so we went. I was so ready to have him I was miserable.
miserable is not the word. I had done the unmentionable to get it over with. LOL I can't put it here. I am glad yours were ok. It's never easy to be ready.
@wmaharper (2316)
I had my suitcase packed almost a month early withthe first one.. with the second one I had it quite early as well, as I was dialated to four centimeters 3 weeks before I was due, but he didn't come early (well he did, because we induced him, not on his own though).
I wish I was induced. Maybe it would not have bothered me so much. good to hear your ok.
@sj_chaudhry (1537)
i was prepared too... i packed my bag days ago... and i was totally mentally ready for the day..all the fears were vanished at that tiem and i felt myself so confident and ready for the event. that was just amazing expereince..
Boy r u ever lucky. I had not even a tid nit on confidence. I was in labor already over night and didn't know it. I thought it was braxton hicks. LOL Thanks
I was packed and ready for the big day to come weeks before too! However, at our last checkup before our nearing due date we found out our son was breech and needed a c-section. So we go in to have to c-section, and low and behold, he was head down in the right postion, so they couldn't do a c-section! A few days laster we went for an ultrasound and guess what! He was breech again! We finally had him via c-section right on his due date. I guess all the readiness in the world cannot prepare you for a baby's stubbornness!
Poor you how did you manage. I would have lost my control. I felt my daughter turn around. It was so painful for me. I wonder how you never knew. Lucky you.