Key Lime Cake - Now I Am In Heaven

Lime seems to be one of those fruits that you love or hate. There is no "sorta like" when it comes to lime. I love it. It is so refreshing and different. My family has come to expect this cake for Easter. I make many cakes and pies for Easter Dinne and none is ever left over. We have about 60 people at our home for dinner. They are hearty eaters. Their tastes very drasticly and this is one of the cakes that both old and young alike enjoy. Do you like Key Lime Cake? Have you ever tried it? It is easy to make and it is so refeshing to taste. I hope you will give it a try and enjoy it. KEY LIME CAKE 1 Lemon Cake Mix 3/4 cup Oil 5 Eggs 3/4 cup Orange Juice (fresh) 1/4 cup Lime Juice (fresh) 1 small Pkg Lime Jello Frosting 8 oz Cream Cheese 1 Stick Margarine 2-3 cups Powdered Sugar (depending on your personal taste) I used about 2 1/2 cups Directions Preheat oven to 350 Mix Cake Ingredients and bake 30-35 minutes at 350. Frost when completely cold. It is best served cold from the frige but not required.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Wow Villageanne that is a lot of People lol. I like Lime to I have never tried Key Lime Cake though. I have had other Lime Cakes and I love them. So I might just try this one. I will buy one though lol as I useless at baking.
@sj_chaudhry (1538)
now a days i am very freaky about cakes...didnt miss any recipe on any kinda cakes....and your's look yummy too..will try it soon..thanks for sharing it with us.
@sweetlady10 (3620)
I am not good at baking:(. But I want to learn more and more recipes for cake and other baking food. I would love to try this and make another new experiment with baking:). Thanks for sharing this.
@winterose (39932)
I don't remember ever tasting that cake though I had the pie once. I would imagine I would love it. But if it is tangy like lemon pie, I can't eat very much of it at a time.
@Modestah (11195)
mmm I really like lime. Key lime is a unique flavor amongst limes too, isn't it? when we visit my mother along the gulf we pick limes and are pretty well pickled by the time we are done with our visit. they are so good! I will have to print out this recipe for our next cake occasion. sounds like a good Easter time cake.
I love bananas and banana cakes. Thank you for sharing your recipe which I will eagerly try one of these days. I have another recipe which uses bananas. It's called banana fritters. Cut peeled bananas into half. Mix a cup of flour with a little salt, half a spoon of butter and water.
@asfi123 (955)
a photo of a ca - a photo of a cake
thanks for the recipe here is another recipe for you Key West Key Lime Cake This recipe comes from Key Lime Cookin' by Joyce LaFray. Key limes are smaller and sweeter than regular limes. If you can't find key limes or key lime juice you may sub regular limes. by PaulaG| 12 servings 55 min 20 min prep Change to: servings US Metric Cake 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup key lime juice or lime juice 2 key limes, zest of or 1/2 regular lime, zest of 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin 1/2 cup canola oil 4 large eggs, slightly beaten Frosting 1/4 lb butter, softened 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 cups confectioners' sugar 1-2 tablespoon milk 1 key lime, zest of or regular lime, zest of Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease and flour lightly. In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, water, lime juice, lime zest, jello, vegetable oil and eggs. With an electric mixer, blend ingredients together until well combined, about 3 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted off center comes out clean. For the frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese and vanilla with electric mixer. Add confectioners sugar and blend until smooth and creamy. Add milk to reach the desired spreading consistency. Spread frosting over cooled cake and garnish with lime zest. hope you liked it