Does Alfred Hitchcock deserve and Oscar?

@Macthedj (630)
To my knowledge Alfred Hitchcock never received any oscars for his movies which I think is a tragedy. He gave us some of the finest cinema masterpieces of our time. Whet do you think.
@acquaria (719)
ùI'm according with you that Hitchock has to receive an Oscar for his career.I love his films and he's the father of cinematic thrillers
@Macthedj (630)
well said,
Yes it is a shame he didn't get a Oscar for directing. His films are so unique and classic. But he did get a honorary Oscar.
@Macthedj (630)
I am sorry I was not aware that he got an honorary one, thankyou for that.
@astroo13 (965)
The academy must have something against him. I would like to know whether films like Vertigo, The 39 steps and Psycho Rear window and many others were considered bad by the academy or there were better films at the time. Any way it is a shame not even giving him life time achievement award since many others who haven't contributed much to the movies have already received. It is better late than never. The academy should admit their mistake and give him him his life time award posthumasly.
I agree. You already said pretty much the same thing I was going to.
@Macthedj (630)
I agree, but if you look at the past history of the Academy, hoe many thrillers/horrors win awards. I feel the Acandemy has always had some sort of snobbish attitude towards teh genre.
It seems like the academy likes epics,based on fact biograhys, and little independent films, and war films. No comedies or thrillers.