We need to make money for a primary school

@seamonkey (1981)
Ireland
My sons' parents association has run out of ideas for fundraisers. They are looking for one last 'big' fundraiser before the school year ends and want the maximum bang for the minimum hassle/output. Can anyone share either school fundraisers they've seen work really well or helped put on? We've done the year's jumble sale and book fair.
we had done a really fun bazzaar once at school. we set up games in the gym and everyone brought a little teddy bear from home and put them in the pile of prizes for each game. every grade made 1 game and took turns running it and going to play the other games. we had also had a movie night. we rented a new movie to watch but because you can't charge people to come watch a rented movie (illegal) we said we were charging the $3 or so for the popcorn. we had a huge popcorn machine and everyone came out to watch a movie with their friends.
@seamonkey (1981)
I love the idea of a popcorn night. I think that would be a really big hit! The children love spending time together outside of school but it seems as though they often have schedules that are even busier than their parents!
I have done several fundraisers for groups doing a Scrapbooking Night. You would be amazed how many women there are that are willing to pay $15 to come and crop with their friends for a day. You can contact several of your local scrapbooking consultants or email me I can help you find a local rep that may be able to help you put the event together. Most local stores will donate things for prizes that can be raffled off. An example is a church fundraiser I just helped vendor at and organize made $1100 in one day. That is all profit because everyone volunteers and donates.
@seamonkey (1981)
That is a brilliant idea and something I would personally really enjoy. I'm in Ireland and there isn't the scrapbooking availability here as there is in the States but that would be something very original for the area and interesting. Great idea!
TLC has reps around the world so you might check www.topline-creations.com to see if there is one near you that could possibly help out with something like this.
@tammyr (5955)
• Etowah, Tennessee
Our Senior center did this and it was a big hit. They had so many that they had to turn some down as it was limited in the number accepted.
@tammyr (5955)
• Etowah, Tennessee
We do a lot of suppers an breakfasts around here. Like a chili supper or a pancake breakfast. You can get stores and other groups to donate things needed and it will lower the cost. Our schools here do well with a carnival. They give small toys, like the ones for birthday parties, or candy. Each class sets up a game or challenge and gives prizes. We have also sold concessions and other things like the glow sticks, or hats for a profit. They sell tickets with a discount for more bought at once and then their is only one place where money is handled and the kids can actually run the booths. Another thing we do here is rent blow-up games like the moon walk and slides. The kids love these and you cold charge by the hour or have tickets like at the carnival Good luck and hope you get lots of funds for the school.
@seamonkey (1981)
Thanks. One of the parents had an idea of renting a hall and having a 'Boston Tea Party'. 'Tables' seating 4 would be sold and the table purchaser would then be responsible for selling on the tickets or issuing invitations and preparing a meal for the guests. Seems like a good idea (and maybe a good excuse to order a pizza and have it delivered!).