FDA approved

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I have been seeing more and more commercials saying if you have taken such and such and have had serious medical issues or even died call so and so layer company to sue. Fine, the lawyers need to make money but seeing so many of the commercials and hearing that the majority of them are fairly new medications got me thinking about the FDA's approval system. Are they not doing such a good job when it comes to all the testing that goes into medications anymore? Is it just that we are hearing more about the failed drugs? Share your thoughts please.
@villageanne (8579)
I have been wondering that myself. I have been seeing alot of those commercials also. There are alot of new meds out there these days. Seems a new one is approved at least once every few weeks. I am scared of new meds. I am allergic to so many mediacaions that i am very leary of the new ones.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I am scared to take new medication also not because of allergies but because I have the adverse affect from so many of them and the new ones seem not to give any warning that it might happen.
@Impervious (1154)
Yet another example of a government agency based upon the greasiest hand. Have you seen the Kevin Trudou natural cures infomercial, while I don't subscribe to his books to simply because if you are not aware he is the same guy that started out with the mega memory system. However there is some truth to what he has to say about the FDA.
@emeraldisle (13158)
I'm not sure what the problem is but I have the feeling that some are able to push things through the FDA if they have enough leverage or money. It used to be they had to do years and years of testing before it was approved and now they are putting them out after only a couple of years. That's not right. Add to that they take these approved meds and the doctors are all using them exclusively. They don't want to use the old ones just the new ones out. So before you know it everyone is using it and then they find out, gee it causes these problems. They then pull it and all hell breaks lose.