AC, Helium, Triond, Savvify ... can you submit 1 article to multiple sites?

I am confused.... Okay, let me start out by saying that as soon as I felt I had kicked my 4 day flu, figuring I had better figure out ways to fix some of the income loss from being off work for 19 hours, I polished up an article I had written about peer to peer lending/microfinance, and submitted it to Associated Content with NON-EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS. I chose AC first because they pay the best, from what I understand. All the others are totally guesswork, depending on how popular the article is or what ad clicks it gets. I went non-exclusive because I might want it on my own blog, and I definitely want to submit it other places. So then I submit it to Triond, then to Helium, and then to Savvify. So Helium writes me back and says they think I copied this article. And so I write them back and tell them that I submitted it other places in the same hour. I got the idea of multiple submitting from here! Who here is doing it and having it work without being accused of plagiarism? Is there a particular order I need to do it in so as to not have this happen? (Like maybe Helium first, then others?) This IS my article, I put a lot of work and thought into it, more than the money I will ever get from it most likely, and I don't want to have to go through explanations every time that yes, I wrote this... just because I listed it somewhere else first. I thought having an article pay me from different directions would be very cool. That was the reason for going NON-EXCLUSIVE. Otherwise, I could have gotten more money for the AC article.
This is something I would like to know about also. I have my own blog domain and am in the process of starting some more blogs with helium and the like. If the article is good and seems to get traffic, then I want to post it in other places, too. Maybe if we wait a week or two to post them elsewhere? I hope someone will give us both some thoughts on this. Thanks for posting!
Since this thread had gotten no answers and I was desperate, I tried again to post on this and got great answers. Check my profile for the other discussions I started. The title starts with the word "URGENT".