Responses...

@ljcapps (1927)
I am wondering why it is that most people, even here on mylot, respond to questions or situations that are centered around someone's grief or pain(not that I am complaining)? Is there truly sympathy? Or is it the whole misery loves company thing?
• Grand Junction, Colorado
I have responded to a few of those discussions, because something in it touched me from something from my past. I felt compelled to give words of encouragement, my sympathies for what they were going through. Yes I feel that my responses are sincere and I actually do respond to a lot of life type questions, in most giving advise or my opinion from my own heartaches or what I learned from a certain situation. They are always heartfelt and sincere. In some cases even bring up pretty bad memories, but if someone gets something good out of it then I'm happy that I helped. I like to think that most people are responding for the same reasons and not for an extra number behind their name or a few pennies. :)
• Grand Junction, Colorado
Thank you for awarding me the best response. :)
@ljcapps (1927)
LOL i feel so bad that it took so long! i was going through my unresolved's, (which i usually try to avoid like the plague) and saw this and thought it was good. Although i'm grateful for ALL my responses!
@hopeful28 (1439)
Personally, I try to be sincere whether it is posting or responding to discussion questions. If I feel I have nothing to contribute I will just move on to another discussion because I don't want to just respond for the sake of responding. When I post personal questions I will go through every response and take note of those that are positive and helpful to me. I believe there are people who really sympathise with our pain or problems. I don't think it is so much about misery loves company but rather being able to identify with the problem and giving comfort and help based on one's own experience. Ultimately, I don't force people to respond to my questions andvice versa.
@ljcapps (1927)
I am hoping that is the case. That is the same reason I respond. I have to say that talking to people through mylot is re-affirming my faith in people.