If age was to matter to you in a relationship...

A lot of people say age doesn't matter to them. Does it matter to you or not? If it doesn't matter to you, are there still boundaries. Let's say you're 20...is 70 + pushing it? Where would you cross the line.
@xXmeganxX (4423)
hi there, well my partner's lder than me, this is the 1st partner ive had who's been a little bit older infact but if i were 20 and my partner was 70 + i couldn't go with him, i don't know the reason for this, he is only 6 years older than me and i think that's enough, no older than that! :)
Yeah, I don't think 6 years older or younger is too bad. It depends on your current age. Like if you're 16 and they're 25 I think that's bad! The age difference is let' 9 years, but still at those ages it's just weird. However the same age difference at like 22, and 31 is different. Just depends I guess.
Age does matter to me and the reason being is because someone that's over 10 years older than their mate to me has already done alot. And by saying that I mean if a 20 year old was in a relationship with a 30 year old. The 30 year old has already done somethings that the 20 year old hasn't experienced yet. To me they just wouldn't be on the same level as each other. I'm 29 and I wouldn't date anyone 10 years younger/older than me it wouldn't mix for me. The younger guy would be immature and not on my level at all. And the older guy may be a little more settled and set in his ways than me. For me I just don't think that it would mix. My husband is 2 years older than me and that's enough. However, I do know couples that have large gaps of age difference and they're fine with it and their relationship is solid and good.
@Jshean20 (14374)
I think that it highly depends upon the ages of the two people, as to whether or not a big age gap would be alright. For example, in some cases 5 years (which happens to be the age difference between my boyfried and I) would be OK in most situations, but if you have a 13 year old girl and an 18 year old boy, I wouldn't think that seems right. You have to consider what stage people are at in their lives to determine if they're a good fit, a 13 year old would hardly be in highschool while an 18 year old would likely be off at college. Maturity levels has a lot to do with it and I don't think that a 13 year old girl would have much in common with the 18 year old, which would make me wonder if they 18 year old had negative intentions.
@cybergwen (158)
I think that it depends on how old the people involved are. I am completely in love with someone that is 23 years older than I am. We don't notice the difference. But I am in my 30's. I was 22 or something and he was that much older, we would be at very different places in our lives and it wouldn't make sense.