Would you dye your hair if it started to grey?

@Munira (484)
Grey hair has started to grow on one side of my hair, in the front. I know my hair is going to turn grey. But, it would be better if it was greying evenly. Would I be wrong if I dye my hair?
It's up to each person but I don't find anything wrong with coloring your hair. I started to dye my hair when I was 40 because the white hair was just becoming too noticeable and it made me look older than I was. When I dyed my hair I felt better because I didn't look so old anymore. If you want to dye it, go ahead and if it makes you feel better, why not do it.
@Munira (484)
Mines are actually silver. That's of huge contrast to the dark brown color of the rest of my hair.
I think that is up to the individual. I personally think that if you start turning grey early in life that it will make you look and feel younger if you color your hair. A lot of women dye their hair when they are younger but as they become senior citizens they kind of just let it go natural. I guess it just depends on how you feel about yourself. I personally would, but that is just me. I am sure that you will make the correct choice. Just be prepared to stock up on that stuff once you start...lol
@Munira (484)
I'm prepared. I'm just turning 40 this year.
@lauriefnp (5113)
It's up to you, but I say to go for it! I started coloring my hair a few years ago because it was starting to gray on both sides around the temples. This is usually where the gray starts, but it takes a long time for your hair to turn completely gray. Why live with it if you don't like the looks of it? I had the salon pick out a shade for me because there are just too many to choose from in the store, and I color it every 5-6 weeks. I feel better keeping it up and keeping the gray out.
@Munira (484)
Unfortunately, only one side of my hair is greying. And, I do not like the way it looks. Coloring it would make me feel better when I look in a mirror.
i dont think so I myself dyed mine for years untill last year when i decided at 66 it was time to let it go my hair is now a prety grey and everyone seems to like it however i am getting the urge to dye it again guess i want to try to look younger LOL!
@Munira (484)
There is nothing wrong with looking younger. You are as young as you feel.
@lullabell (436)
I plan on it for sure. I don't see one thing wrong with dying grey hair. why wouldn't someone?
@imsilver (1669)
No you wouldn't be wrong to dye it. I do mine all the time.. well.. when I can afford to splurge on the dye anyways. A friend of mine was nice enough to point out my first grey hair when I was 18, and I've kept it pretty much coloured since then. My gray forms a sort of skunk streak down the center of my head and it annoys me. When it's not dyed, I wear it in a ponytail so I can arrange it so that very little of the gray shows :)
@Munira (484)
Rearrangong my hair doesn't seem to cover the grey. That is why I am considering the dye.
@susieq223 (3742)
So far I am blessed. I am 65, but have no grey hair that I'm aware of. Since my hair is blond, it may simply blend in. I do not plan, however, to dye my hair if the grey does show up. The main reason is the time and trouble it takes to keep it up. In addition, there is some cost involved--less if you do it at home, but still there. The only thing that might make me change my mind is if the grey color is really horrible. I have seen some women with a grey that is somewhat yellow and I don't like it. Personally, I think gray hair in general is becoming. My sister has it on her temples and it looks cool! I have seen others with a "stripe" of grey and I find that to be distinguished. I don't think it's wrong to dye one's hair. I just can't be bothered! Too much trouble to keep up!
@Munira (484)
I do not have a problem with the upkeep of dying my hair. But, I am tired of hearing my sisters and brothers commenting on my new greys.
I think it is up the person. Some people don't dye it and prefer to be just natural. I prefer to color my hair to lighten and to cover the greys.
@Munira (484)
I am considering going a shade or two lighter. Change can be a good thing.
@susieq223 (3742)
Thanks for the best response selection. I still don't have any grey!
@Munira (484)
Thanks for the advice. I have decided to cut and dye my hair. Smiley Face
@kaplya (1578)
of course i m going to dye my hair when they start to grow grey/white. what's wrong there could be in it especially if u r only in ur 50s or 60s. it makes one look younger. recently i used to think it not much suitable for a very old person to dye but then i saw some ladies with beautiful colors on their hair which were very suitable to their personality and appearance so i had to change my opinion! but no doubt sometimes one's natural grey hair suits him more than any other color.:) if a color suits u dye ur hair in it, no matter what ur age is!
@Munira (484)
I have seen some older women with colored hair that look wonderful.
I do dye my hair, blonde. But I like the grey showing through. I earned it
if you think you would like the look,i say go for it. it'll wash out eventually if you decide it's not for you.
@ILANEDRI (1923)
• Israel
Although I hate dyeing hair, I will dye my hair if it will start to grey. I don't want to look old. I want to stay with my real color all of my life. I hope that it will never happen, because my dad still has is black hair, and his hair does not getting grey, so I hope it will happen to me as well.
@mariner68 (1278)
i have also got strands of grey hair and i color them. otherwise it look awkward, with some grey hair here and there.