best response

I guess it is good to mark a best response but I think I need not be so quick in doing this because when you mark one you may get a better response the next day. How long should one wait befor marking the best? any suggestions?
@wayz12 (2059)
I think its really up to your discretion. Being new to mylot.com myself, I've learned that waiting between two weeks to a month should be more than enough for me to generate the responses I need. That's the timeframe I stick to, but that is only a suggestion. However, I always make it a point to resolve my discussions by choosing a best response. I also make sure I rated everyone that responded. I hope you enjoyed your stay in mylot. Happy posting!
How do you rate each response?
@wayz12 (2059)
On the left side, there are the following symbols: "-", "+" and "!". You rate them a plus for positive and a minus for negative. You use the exclamation mark if you want to report a violation. I hope that helps.
oOK I see that now LOL THANKS!
@ukchriss (2106)
I usually wait at least a week to 10 days, sometimes much longer if i havent had many replies, I like at least half a dozen replies to choose a best responce from so give people plenty of time to reply... But I spose everyone has their own way so just do whatever you feel is right.
Thanks you for commenting ukchriss!
@MarkyB21 (1545)
I haven't posted many questions yet (I'm too bust answering them lol) but I rate everyone that posts (+ or -) and have only marked one response as the best so far. But then I haven't had many responses yet (maybe I should ask some more questions).
LOL! Yes do start some more discussions if the topic is good you will get many responses and then go and respond to the comments left on your discussion!
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
i wait until ive gone 24 hours without a response , that to me means the conversation has diedso i will make a best response blessed be
that's a great idea thanks!
@Mithoo (255)
• Pakistan
Its true that we cant anticipate that when the correct answer of a question is going to be there.. bcoz every new answer comes with its own logics and i think there is no end of any discussion.. frankly speaking, bcoz world is full of genious persons and every time a genious comes with new logica solution to a problem............
Exactly! Thanks!
@hoghoney (3749)
I wait about a week to mark mine or when the posts start to slowing down. just read everyone real good and compare them before I mark them.
thanks!
I would usually wait for about two days if the responses were slow and I thought that was all I was going to receive. If however, I am getting a lot of responses then I would wait for up to a week or more before marking a best response. I was like you at the beginning and I used to mark the best response after one day but I am learning as I go along.
Thank You...that's a good idea!
I have been waiting about a month before I mark best response because you are right often there are many more responses that come in day to day. I think also that if you mark best response to soon, that people then do not want to leave their opinions, and I like to hear them all.
exactly! Thanks!