Thrift Store Finds

@indywahm (808)
I have not been able to go to a thrift store in a few weeks and love going . I really miss being able to go all of the time. I want to hear all of the brags about what great finds you have found at your thrift stores. Did you get something that you know is worth a fortune for next to nothing?? Are you going to keep it or resale it on ebay?? Brag away!!!
@joanana (772)
My greatest finds would have to have been 60 mint condition Teen Titans comics for $2. Perfect, beautiful first edition in mint condition and only $2 for the lot of them because the owners thought they wouldn't move at any higher of a price. ^_^ Hehe, maybe it was bad of me to tell them they had a real gem there and to sell them on ebay, but hey, it worked out fine for me. I also found an autographed LP of Led Zepplen's Stairway to Heaven that I gave to my mom, she's a total fan.
My best bargain ever was a black t shirt. it was tagged at 50p and I thought I recognised the label inside. I bought it for 50p and took it home, carefully washed it, photographed it and put it straight onto eBay. Oh yes, I was very pleased, the t shirt sold for £42 - it was a Christian LaCroix french designer label.
@jillbeth (2711)
I love thrift stores but haven't been to many lately since we started buying abandoned storage units. It's a lot of fun and we have found some great stuff, I'd like to get a storefront and start my own secondhand store. We keep some stuff but sell most of it. We have found some collectible stuff like a vintage Cheech & Chong lunchbox. I put it on ebay and described every ding and rust spot, and still got $23 for it! We found a 4' spark plug shaped wall clock, like you would see in an auto parts store, it sold for $250! Zildjian cymbals, we got $300 for four of them. We haven't found anything (yet) that is worth a real fortune, though we may get lucky yet! Anyone who is really into thrift shops and rummage sales should try it!
@imsilver (1669)
What a great idea. I'm not even sure how to go about getting involved in that. And I can't sell on e-bay yet because I haven't got a credit card :( but it definatly sounds like alot of fun.
I too love the thrift stores. The bargains I find are plentiful. I recently found a LL Bean winter coat for a child for $4.99. It was in perfect condition. I also find a lot of patterns for about .79 cents each. My last visit was pretty good. I found a Theraball for $5, which sells for $25 and up if you buy it new. Hubby was thrilled with that one. I am waiting for the tag sales to begin. That is when I will scan the tables for the best buys. I am not afraid to dicker with the owner to save a few more bucks. My plan is to resell any good buys on Ebay.