A New Friend?!?

@imsilver (1669)
My daughter's cat is hilarious. I'm puppy sitting a part chihuahua part jack russel terrier dog for a while and my cat is quite miffed. He's not too sure what to make of this little girl. He's easily almost twice her size. She's got a leash on that drags behind her which gets his attention. He starts to stalk the end of the leash (and of course the puppy) and when he jumps and grabs it she stops and goes towards him then he takes of running up the stairs with the puppy chasing him. A couple of minutes later they are back down here and it starts all over again. I thought we were going to issues but I think they're going to be friends, so far they've been playing nice.
How cute! I've been thinking about getting my cat a playmate but I'm not sure how she would handle that. I hope that when I do they will get along and play.
@imsilver (1669)
I've tried before to bring another cat into the house thinking that this one needed a friend but both times he chased the cat out and refused to let it back in. He's king of the roost around here. I just might get a puppy though. He had such fun with my friend's yesterday.
@blackbriar (9126)
Sounds like they are amusing each other as well as you. lol Seems like they are going to get along just great. When my cat's were little, I used to have a clothspin that was loose and didn't hold the clothes on the line anymoe so I put it on the end of one of their tails and watch them both go at it. lol Was a sight to see..2 kittens going after a clothespin. It was so loose that they would play for a few min. and it would go flying thru the air with the kittens in hot pursuit. Clip it back on one of the tails and the fun started all over again.
I had a chihuahua and when I took her visiting once to my parents - my mother's cat attacked the chihuahua in the kitchen. The chihuahua couldn't get away - she was slidding on the linoleum floor. Ever since, my dog had this terrible phobia of linoleum!
oh lord that's funny! mom had a chihuahua who played with her cat by dragging the cat around by the scruff just like a momma cat. it was hillarious, and the cat would let her. there are some seriously goofy friendships out there in the animal kingdom.