medical marijuana law gets preliminary ok from vt senators

A preliminary bill has passed that would allow marijuana use for people who are inflicted with debilitating diseases such as MS, AIDS, or cancer. Kudos to those who have advocated for the passing of this bill. I have personally known many of the people who have fought long and hard to get this going. Huggers to you all. Here is the link to the article: http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070301/NEWS02/703010404/1003/NEWS02
@avonrep1 (1862)
Right on but what we need is a federal law that gets passed.
The federal government really needs to come around. Such crap.
I am glad to hear that I know it really helps cancer patients deal with chemotherapy
It helps with nausea and with pain too.
@lauriefnp (5112)
This has been a long time coming,and I can't believe that it is being passed in Vermont before NY state! I have had so many AIDS patients who have moved back to NY after living in California and New Mexico, and they are appalled at the state not having dealt with this issue yet. I heard that they were ready to pass it, but the issue of insurance reimbursement for it was the hold-up. I don't know if that's true or not. I do know that on the West coast, where it is legal, the patients must pay for it themselves; no insurance will pay for even a part of it. I'm glad that another state has moved on this; it's only a matter of time before it is legal all over the U.S., especially with the advocates continuing to fight.
In Vermont the patient can grow up to 4 plants for their own personal use.
Wow, I wonder if it will actually pass. I think that it should be legalized for this purpose. It can help people who are suffering.
I know many who now use it to help manage pain, tremors, and to also help with their appetite.
@MrNiceGuy (4147)
Too bad it won't matter on the national scale. The Supreme Court ruled the FBI and DEA and ATF can continue to enforce the national laws, despite what one state may want to pass. Its just a question of how much cooperation from local law enforcement they will get.
@villageanne (8554)
I think that it should be allowed for medical use. The problem is that it is raised in our area all the time. People are making a fortune off it. Who will raise it when it is legal. Will they pay these people who are raising it illegal now for it?
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
That sounds great. I could help my tremors and pain for ms.