should this even be legal? This robber sued after he got burned?????

Robber Sues Bank! A bank robber knocked off a California Savings and Loan. He shoved the stolen money roll, which contained a hidden Security Pac, in his front pocket. The device leaked red dye and tear gas giving the robber 2nd and 3rd degree burns, for which he sued the bank and the device manufacturer.
@weemam (13377)
please don't tell me he won the case , This world has gone soddin mad , I just do not read my newspaper anymore , I was getting so angry I worried I would have a heart attack , sad just so sad xx
@crazynurse (7489)
How pathetic that our justice system has to waste time on frivilous cases such as this one. Perhaps if all the attorneys would say 'no' and not represent the guy, but of course the attorneys want the publicity. Personally, if I were an attorney (and boy is that a laughable thought and picture)I would decline such cases. So let me guess, what we will learn is that all banks will be required to post a sign (disclaimer) out front that reads something like: Notice to potential robbers: Our funds are secured by not only the FDIC, but also by red dye and tear gas. Steal at your own risk as these products have been known to cause allergic reactions and burns in some people.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Another case of total madness, what is this crazy world coming to, that is so outrageous and ridiculous, again it should be treated with contempt and laughed out of court, the audacity of the guy, seems that crims have more rights than anyone else. We have to stop this idiotic ideal of the sueing culture, people HAVE to take responsibility. If you rob someone and you get caught, you take the blame, you were in the wrong you pay the consequences END OF STORY...
@villageanne (8554)
The reality is that he will probably win. I remember hearing years ago about a man who broke into a womans home, she heard him and confronted him at her bedroom door. She scared him and he fell over the stair railing and broke some bones. He sued her and If i remember correctly, he won. Now where is the justice in that.
So...did he win?
@sigma77 (5385)
Some more nonsense from the "everyone owes me something crowd". This is so silly, he probably won more money than he ever would have stolen. This is another liberal badge of courage, like animal rights, how about prisoner and law breaker rights. I am so sick and tired of this government giving things to the people who least deserve them. An honest and decent citizen hasn't got a chance.
@dusty1020 (174)
thats such bs. but our legal system is messed up like that. anybody can sue anybody no mater how ridiculous. some things are obviously right and obviously wrong and it's like the legal system, with all of its structure can't see them. justice really is blind sometimes.
@Darkwing (21588)
No, I wouldn't think he would have a leg to stand on. He was the one who chose to steal the money roll in his pocket, and if it was geared up to release red dye and tear gas, then good on the bank for their security measures. The robber was sure of being caught, and if he got burned in the process, well, then I would think it was his own fault. He might have known that the money would have been protected in some way, and he deserved all he got. I hope he gets kicked out of court and punished accordingly for his wrongful act. Brightest Blessings.