What does this mean?

My hubby works for a large printing company. He recently told me he is worried that his plant will close. He said cause their bean counter (think he said comptroller) is quitting and there are bean counters quitting all over the company. He said that his boss said that is a sign something is wrong. What the heck does that mean?
ooh that doesnt sound good...rats leaving the sinking ship perhaps? if a number of "bean counters" are getting out maybe they have discovered some evidence of embezzlement or something along those lines. and they are getting out before they get blamed for the crime (or whatever is wrong) but to me it sounds like what i said above...the rats leaving the sinking ship. they are getting out before they drown.
Guess we just need to wait and see. So far nothing different is happening at his work. Thanks
I realy hope that things will turn out well with his situation. Hopefully there is another explaination. If not, I hope he can find some place better. Are the "bean counters" going to another nearby company? Maybe your dh can try to get in with them now before everyone else tries to move over as well.
I haven't heard anything else so maybe it was just a rumor or something. I am hoping it isn't anything bad.
Well I am happy to say that it was all a bunch of hoo ha! They were quitting all over the country. The bean counter at the plant he works at quit and THEN came back a week and a half later. Obviously things aren't bad and the company isn't on the verge of closing or he wouldn't have come back. He was just looking for greener pastures.
@applsofgld (2506)
I am not sure what that means in your husband's work place. If he belongs to a union or if he has someone he can trust to go to who would have more knowledge, I would ask some questions. Most companies have a human resource dept., and maybe he can call them anonymously or something and make some inquiries. I hope it is not a signal for trouble to come.
Thanks for your reply. I am sure he is asking people questions. I haven't heard anything more, so I am praying that this is not an indication of anything bad.
@byfaithonly (10716)
It sounds to me like your husband may want to start looking for another job before the company closes. This happened to me a place I worked. I knew from other businesses that the company was for sale but the company denied it - they wanted everyone to stay working the same because the business would look better that way and "sell" better. They closed and 300 people were out of work. All looking for jobs at the same time :(
That stinks. I am hoping that this isn't the case. His plant is the largest and busiest plant they have on the east coast. The other one is farther south so it is not as popular with the cosmetic corporations they print .... they are mainly headquartered by or in New York. Hopefully that counts for something.