What, are you kidding me?? That's all you can say??

Have you ever wrote someone, (or typed) someone this long letter and poured your heart into it and put just so much effort into it and got back a reply from them and they only wrote one sentence back to you, or even one word back? OH MY GOSH! That annoys the crap out of me!! I hate it when you finally get in touch with someone, it's happened to me quite a bit I guess it just angers me. But, my point is, I moved out of the state some years back, from washington state to dallas, tx. I finally got back in touch with alot of family members and friends, most through my space, and just was so overjoyed and we exchanged e-mails and everything and there's times when I send them an e-mail that is probably I don't know, just really long asking them how they've been doing all these years, what's new in their lives, how everyone's doing, how my life's changed, and all they can write back is "I miss you too" or "Thanks" or "Hi, say hi to everyone for me, love you". It makes me think, are people really that busy or do they not care anymore and just want to hear all the gossip and that's it? There have been a few that still really keep in contact with me and e-mail me often but there are some that have really surprised me and made me really see who my real friends are, even family who I thought, we were so close and now they could care less. I can understand people are really busy in their lives with their family's and all the crazy stuff that life throws at us daliy but I find the time to say hi and how they're doing, so why can't they? Has this happened to you?
@Willowlady (10666)
Not in real life and only here at Mylot, you see them in all the discussions just about. In the real life, you have to realize that the person you wrote to may not be the friend you perceived. Family I am not sure what the relationship was before you left. You may be the only writer in the family. I am bad at writing regularly to my Momma. You have reminded me of that letter I owe her. Thanks for that. Not sure what to say except keep track and soon you will see those that have the real desire to keep in contact with you. Good luck with this!
@msqtech (15226)
I think we all need to have less of a chip on our shoulder and understand we arent the center of other peoples universe.
??? I don't know what you meant by that, or if it was meant for me or willowlady but I'm certainly not trying to be the center of attention. Thanks for taking the time to respond:)
@rlshaw (872)
Yes, this has happened to me before... I feel like if your not in the mood to write then just wait till later to respond so you can have a meaningful response... I don't want to hear... Hi, glad to hear from you... Glad everything is fine.. talk to you soon.... ITs like why bother writing me back... I think sometimes people are just lazy... Good luck
Oh I know, why bother writing back if you can't write more than that. That is very true, some people are just lazy. Thanks for responding:)
@kathy77 (7488)
Hi, yes many time I have written long letters to my friends especially when I lived in the country for 3 years moving away from the city, but I was lucky as my friends also wrote me long letters back so I was thankful for that and they made me cry wanting to return back home where I grew up, and although I do not live near my close friends I am back in Sydney where I grew up but approximately 1 hour away from my friends,. So I guess I was lucky when I chose my close friends as they have always had time for me and vise versa.
Well that's very nice. Sounds like you have a great group of friends. Thanks for responding:)
@msqtech (15226)
Of course they need time to consider your letter. It is just courtesous to reply timely