Sims 2 Seasons

@BunGirl (2639)
Ok, some of you may have noticed that I've been absent from myLot for a few days... Anyone on my friends list, please know that I am now slooooowly catching up on your posts, but I will get through them all! I promise. The reason I've been missing is there's a new Sims 2 expansion out. There are a few bugs I've noticed, but nothing too bad. Most notably, pregnant sims don't have any outerwear for when they have to go out in the cold... I'm sure there will soon be a patch available on the site. Overall though, I am thoroughly enjoying this expansion. It's really everything I had hoped it would be! I love the fishing and gardening options, and so far the new careers look awesome! I think the best thing though is one that wasn't published much, or at least one that I didn't notice in the preview info... I LOVE that you can now set a separate hairstyle for each outfit your sims have. That dramatic updo that looks so pretty with formal wear doesn't make much sense when she's working out after all. I've been having a lot of fun with this! I also love the little boosts your sims get as the seasons change. Spring is for love, summer is friends, fall is job and winter is for family. I think my favorite of the four is fall. You get a nice boost to skill-building in the fall, and it's fun to watch your sims play in the leaves. I'm a little annoyed though that now my sims can't sit in the hot tub for long without overheating. I used to use this as a great way to make friends (just stick two sims in the tub and let them chat for hours) while keeping most of their needs fulfilled. I guess I'll have to work around it until someone comes up with a cheat or mod! LOL Of course, they've also now announced the next stuff pack, called Celebrations. Looks like there will be some neat items in there. You can see the teaser here: http://thesims2.ea.com/images/about/sp4/teaser_hp.jpg So, if anyone else has already picked up and played this new expansion (and I bet I'm not the only one!), what are your thoughts on it? What do you think is the best part?
@Infernal (135)
You can get an evil snowman?! Oh, wow, I had no idea! I try and keep my Sims as happy as possible, but I've definitely not experienced everything in this pack. I've yet to have a scarecrow, too, but I keep my gardens in a greenhouse, to protect them from the elements. I have to admit, it's amusing to watch Sims splash in puddles and jump in the leaves. Seasons is a great pack, though I wonder how it would be if I had no other expansion packs? I think it would still be great. I wasn't so pleased with Pets because of all the glitches, but so far, I have had no glitches with Seasons. What bugs have you noticed?
@BunGirl (2639)
Well, the most noticeable is that there is no outerwear option for pregnant sims. Also, sometimes the penguins seem to get stuck on a lot, and there doesn't seem to be a reason or a fix for this. Those are two that I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are others as well. Nothing too bothersome really, just minor annoyances that I'm sure will be fixed in a patch.
@Infernal (135)
Ah, I've yet to have a Sim get pregnant to see that glitch ,but since you've mentioned the penguin, I do recall a glitch I've seen with him. During the fall or something, he'd come by for a visit, and I noticed he was just sliding around, walking forwards while moving backwards (so kind of like a moonwalk), and his feet are walking forward while he is sliding sideways. It looks so odd, and while funny, I don't think it was intended!
@BunGirl (2639)
Oh boy! I hadn't seen that one! Sounds like the little guy is definitely having some issues... LOL
@creematee (2810)
I love this new expansion pack. More than I expected, actually. The career are a lot of fun, and since I love gardening in real life, it has helped me get through my winter blahs, by letting my sims raise those little tomatoes, strawberries, and even eggplants. LOL! I managed to make one of my sims into a plantsim. They are so much easier to take care of than your usual sim. All they need is sunlight and water. A little love goes a long way. :) I also have Out For Business, so I'm working on having one of my sims (the one that has the LTW of 5 top rated business) start her own veggie stand. Hopefully, I can get this to work. I keep my hottubs in a separate room (like a gym or excersize room, so I don't have a problem with them over heating. (although I haven't quite made it into summer yet.) Maybe you could build a glass gazebo around it to help shield them from the summer sun?? Then they could use it in the snow, too. :) Overall, Seasons has given the game a whole new dimension of play, and I have begun enjoying playing it all over again!
@BunGirl (2639)
The glass gazebo is a great idea! I'll have to try that. My sims have been using it in the snow anyway though. It's kinda funny because after they get out of the hot tub they don't change back to their outerwear. They just run around in the snow in their bathing suits! They don't freeze though because their temperatures are way up from the hot tub.
@Infernal (135)
I just got Sims 2 Seasons, and I am loving it!! I haven't gotten a chance to explore everything, but I love the gardening/farming aspect, even though it's a bit challenging. My favourite feature, I think, is being able to assign a certain hair for a particular outfit category, as you mentioned. I am a big custom-hair downloader, and so it's nice to be able to use a good number of them without sending my sims to the mirror and having them choose one. I love the Penguin that comes by in Winter, though he comes by in other seasons too. Building a snowman is fun, and it's amusing that the face magically appears on it. I witnessed a stranger Sim knock down my snowman, and I couldn't do anything about it!! Oh, I also love having my sims fish, and it can bring in a decent amount of cash!
@BunGirl (2639)
LOL -- have you gotten the evil snowman yet? I think it has to do with how happy your sims are when they build the snowman, but sometimes he has a pitchfork and horns!
@mssnow (9493)
I cant wait till mine comes. I reordered it from Walmart and just waiting for it to show up. I have all the expansions except for family fun. I know when i get it people wont see me for days or even weeks. I think seasons will be my all time favorite one. it sounds like alot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
@BunGirl (2639)
It's really a great pack -- I know you'll love it!