What is your favorite type of pasta?

I love all types of pasta. However, my favorite is penne. I dislike gnocchi the most because it is to heavy and potato-filled. What's your favorite?
I love almost every pasta, so this will be hard. I think that I would go with the angle hair pasta. And I especially like it flavored with herbs and spices in olive oil.
margieanneart, thanks for your input, angel hair pasta, now that is one that i rarely have... i have to get that soon. i love olive oil sauces... putting a little garlic in there oh man im getting hungry!
Funny how all pasta is made basically the same, but we are sold on size and texture! Well I like macaroni and fettucini noodles best. Although I cook with all types depending on the type and style of the meal.
princess, thanks for your input! that is sooo true. fettucini is another one of my favorite pastas with my alfredo sauce... cant go bad with that... thanks! petriellog2
@Mojojo (37)
My favourite changes from time to time! I really like macaroni, depending on the sauce really. If it's a casserole-style dish, definitely macaroni. I've been eating a lot of tortiglioni lately, so that would be my current favourite.
@ycswid (279)
I'd have to agree that my choices also change depending on the sauce. If it's a clingy sauce then I like rotini as there are many places for the sauce to cling to. A chunkier sauce I prefer a flatter pasta. this way the pasta becomes another "piece" in the sauce. When I have a sauce that is somewhat "soupy", as in macaroni and cheese I like something that will hold the sauce, like regular macaroni or a penne.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
I like homemade pasta. I recently started making my own homemade pasta about a year ago, and it is better than store-bought pasta sitting on the shelves. The recipes I use are simple and basic enough that a little spice or olive oil can be added via personal preference. My pasta machine has a regular roller to flatten the dough, along with cutting rollers for two sizes of noodle. One cutting roller is thinner than the other, but the pasta turns out the same..., great! One time I made some homemade pasta for homemade chicken noodle soup, and it lasted a week. The basic recipe takes only 2 ingredients, which are 4 eggs and 3 cups of flour; to this you can add your own flavors. Yet muscles are required to knead the dough into a uniform appearance. Another time my son and I made homemade lasagana with the flat roller. If you love pasta, I highly recommend investing in a pasta machine, for store-bought pasta will become a tihng of the past. Anyone else here like homemade pasta?
@brimia (6584)
I love my mom's homemade gnocchi and pasta noodles.