Philippines, the Pearl of the Orient Seas

Ok, I'm not here to discuss about the history of the Philippines. I just would like to know what other people can say about our country especially those who have been here and still wanted to visit here. I'm a Filipino and I have lived my life here in the Philippines. We belong in one of the 3rd World Countries. Yes, there are a lot millions of poor people here and a handful of rich ones too. Yet in totality, we are very rich in natural resources and tourist spots. Philippines is surrounded by deep blue seas and separated to thousands of islands and islets, thus, there are a lot of nice and wonderful things here that you can see and enjoy such as the white beaches, diving spots and a whole lot more.:)
@Modestah (11192)
I have never been to the Philippine Islands, but always thought about how nice to go there. My mother has a penpal from the Philippines since she was a little girl, she is now in her late 60s and they still write each other. She called me the other day to tell me that she got a letter from her far away friend. When I was a child I loved to look at the pictures her Filipino friend would send of herself, her family and her area. I think I am a little afraid to go now, is crime very high? is it dangerous for tourists?
Wow. I can't imagine that until now they are still communicating with each other. I hope time has still a time for them to meet each other. :) Yeah, crime still is quite high. But not really in LUzon and Visayas island. It's mostly in Mindanao island where there are a lot of Muslims living because most muslims and christians in our country has still a gap from each other. But you have nothing to worry when it comes to tourism because most wonderful places are found here in Visayas region and also in Luzon. Hope you can be able to visit here soon, and me also there in your place. :) By the way, congratulations for that awesome star and great reputation at mylot.:) I'm so proud of you :) Keep and happy posting! :)
@Modestah (11192)
thank you for the best response award - you are most kind.